Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I've thought about using AppCheck myself as well. It can also stop some PUP & Malware too, which is rather surprising.

I like that through your progress on here you are trying everything to see which setup you like the most.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I've thought about using AppCheck myself as well. It can also stop some PUP & Malware too, which is rather surprising.

I like that through your progress on here you are trying everything to see which setup you like the most.

~LDogg
Doesnt hurt to run with syshardener, any anti-exe is just better since they provide anti-exploit aswell like voodooshield does

Malware & pup scan is impressive indeed, easier to have this app running all the time than do on demand scanning with some tool

Reactions: LDogg and stefanos

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Doesnt hurt to run with syshardener, any anti-exe is just better since they provide anti-exploit aswell like voodooshield does

Malware & pup scan is impressive indeed, easier to have this app running all the time than do on demand scanning with some tool

That's very true. I may have use AppCheck & get rid of Immunet. It's ok, but hardly the best out there whatsoever. Appcheck may even even lighter than Immunet. WIll wait and see tomorrow.

~LDogg

Reactions: Moonhorse

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

~LDogg
Do you mean its able to clean PUP/Malware during on-demand scan ?

AppCheck Pro/Free does not offering real-time protection against common malware, it only blocks Ransomware!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

AppCheck Pro/Free does not offering real-time protection against common malware, it only blocks Ransomware!
Very true

appcheck causing bsod in my system when run ransim :unsure:
Its not that bad for me ton run it along, since no resource usage at all. Just bit useless when i already have avast + sh

Only thing im wondering is , would i benefit from running OSA along with Syshardener since avast is already blocking puas

And if windows update, will turn something on what i had disabled with syshardener, i would have OSA protecting still, or would it be necessary to run SH after every windows build update

Last edited:
Reactions: stefanos

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018

I did mean clean with an on demand scan. Or something to that nature as on their website it states they have a cleaner.

cleaner.png

~LDogg

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Are you OK with Neustar logging and sharing personal information? Otherwise I would probably use them too.

EDIT: Although I'm not that happy with Neustar's privacy policy (Google using them is hardly a ringing endorsement with their track record on privacy:)) Neustar is pretty darn good at blocking phishing sites, way better than Norton ConnectSafe for me, so I've decided to go with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonhorse

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Update:

Added:
Comodo firewall + cs settings
Kaspersky cloud antivirus free

Firewall visual bug still exist, but it really doesnt bother with cf
Opera;
- Ublock origin
- Netcraft
- Privacy possum
- Bitwarden

+ VPN on

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Even considering the (so far unproven) accusations by some of collusion between Kaspersky and Russian security services, I think Kaspersky Security Cloud Free is now better than Avast Free, and also considering the direction Avast appears to be heading (profit before privacy for one), I think the switch is a good move.

ps - I used to find Avast Free and Comodo Firewall a nightmare combo.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Even considering the (so far unproven) accusations by some of collusion between Kaspersky and Russian security services, I think Kaspersky Security Cloud Free is now better than Avast Free, and also considering the direction Avast appears to be heading (profit before privacy for one), I think the switch is a good move.

ps - I used to find Avast Free and Comodo Firewall a nightmare combo.
I dont think home users have to care about conspiracy, just keep your personal info private and use secure/trusted apps and youre fine

I just dont like avast because of nags screens, and even i could block telemetry with cf i rather just swap to alternative

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Okay the cloud kaspersky is kinda annoying since it wont register in windows security center, i fired him

Update:
- AVG added , seems to have decent bb + no ads? Also more lightweight than running WD

Removed privacy possum, i have enough tracking lists on ublock cant see any advantage by using it or malwarebytes. Netcraft + hphosts/pup seems to be enough

+ google dns instead of neustar, probably much faster even my eye wont notice that

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Okay the cloud kaspersky is kinda annoying since it wont register in windows security center, i fired him

Update:
- AVG added , seems to have decent bb + no ads? Also more lightweight than running WD

Removed privacy possum, i have enough tracking lists on ublock cant see any advantage by using it or malwarebytes. Netcraft + hphosts/pup seems to be enough

+ google dns instead of neustar, probably much faster even my eye wont notice that
Too bad KSC Free didn't work for you. I just wanted to reply that we had the same protection setup :(
Here no problems except the occasional "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE" with some sites.
I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support for that.
So I hope they can fix it...

security centre.PNGSchermopname (2).png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Too bad KSC Free didn't work for you. I just wanted to reply that we had the same protection setup :(
Here no problems except the occasional "ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE" with some sites.
I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support for that.
So I hope they can fix it...

View attachment 196256View attachment 196255
well it worked well , but the visual bug is just annoying. Did full scan on evening and after that memory usage of kaspersky cloud stand above 100mb for whole night it and it only settles to around 40 when reboot.

Its possible to turn windows security center completely off tho

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.