Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
This
View attachment 200662

View attachment 200663
Not sure would i benefit any of this or just get annoyed

Syshardener = firewall rules, script blocking, disable un-used windows services
OSA = anti-exploit , post protection
Comodo = default deny+ sandbox ^ Cruel said theres no benefit from using OSA along with cf, but CCAV only has browser protection, i dont think theres any problem running OSA with any sw
You won't get any trouble from OSA, not so sure the same will be true for CCAV ;)

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
This
View attachment 200662

View attachment 200663
Not sure would i benefit any of this or just get annoyed

Syshardener = firewall rules, script blocking, disable un-used windows services
OSA = anti-exploit , post protection
Comodo = default deny+ sandbox ^ Cruel said theres no benefit from using OSA along with cf, but CCAV only has browser protection, i dont think theres any problem running OSA with any sw
Probably there is no need for OSA or Syshardener.In a case of an unknown threat it will be sandboxed.

Reactions: harlan4096

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Probably there is no need for OSA or Syshardener.In a case of an unknown threat it will be sandboxed.
Yeah ccav should just run alone, its light very light solution

Anyway i have spend few days trying out anti-exe products and i must admit that ransomOFF is most effective. Its ram hungry, but it doesnt matter since were living in 2018

i always thought the antivirus is the main point, but its not
When im using syshardener with ransomOFF theres nothing to be executed, since everything will be blocked completely from game
Windows defender is getting better all the time and its light solution (imo) without ads and stuff
Forticlient is the best web filtering tool, so i rather cut off extensions and replace them with forticlient

So my current conf is :
Windows defender ( sandbox)
Syshardener ( max settings)
Ransomoff ( simple mode)
Forticlient Web filter

Some may say its overkill but i think i have everything covered now, the hipslite of ransomOFF keeps me informed whats happening and why. Anyways im off from this thread for a while now so i dont spam the frontpage continously

Il probably take a look on advanced settings of RansomOFF next and see if anything conflicts on coming days

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Deffo does look a lil overkill but expect it;s fine for your system

~LDogg
Forticlient web filter had problems, it forced youtube on restricted mode

So i decided to remove:
- forticlient
- ransomoff

Ran clean install ( once again)

And installed most easiest solution
+ windows defender sandboxed
+ comodo firewall (cs)

+ bitdefender trafficlight added to extensions

I think its either WD+ ransomOFF or WD + CF

RansomOFF is just too heavy and will conflict hard with anything

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
With Comodo (CS) and WD, I do not think you need anything else.
I dont indeed. But i ran syshardener on max settings to avoid most scripts from running, disabled powershell and un-used windows processes.

Only thing i didnt disable is just prefetch service ( better boot times) + ''show hidden system files'' & .bitadmins.exe ( windows updates)

Syshardener + windows defender is enough, but i still want to have comodos container to play with, maybe run palemoon sandboxed aswell

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
You do remind me a lot of me in the past ; changing security setups almost daily....it becomes an obsession , always looking out for the one that sattisfies you the most ;) :) I bet your HDD will be happy with all those write and read cycles of constantly installing and de-installing products and reverting back-ups....but in all seriousness : comodo fw with cs settings is more than enough. Always a joy to read you're security thread! Keep up the great work bro!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.