Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'm not sure as I don't use Chrome due to privacy issues. Could be an extensions that's not on Opera or FF. Norton seems to work fine.

~LDogg

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'm not sure as I don't use Chrome due to privacy issues. Could be an extensions that's not on Opera or FF. Norton seems to work fine.

~LDogg
Yeah, for now im using vivaldi that uses chromes webstore and is published by operas ceo

32bit vivaldi is just most lightweight browser i have used

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Dont know if firefox have different like addon, but in chrome it just adjust safe search , does that mean they only show links without possible infection? Forticlient is nice, but slowing my network. Neustar is blocking more sites than norton , so im fine with it for now
Chrome Web Store: Norton Safe Web

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- Removed avast
- Removed vivaldi

+ added comodo internet security
+ google chrome + nanoblocker, nanodefender, adguard, malwarebytes browser extension, windows defender browser protection, norton safe web

Reason im using nano + adguard is that im using adguard as actual adblock and nano as anti adblock killer

This is my default and i just went to back at it. I really dont feel like adding voodooshield or osarmor when i have hips on in comodo im feeling pretty secure

Edit: to avoid spam, i post this here. I have added k9 webprotection back since i had disconnection problems with it. For now i havent noticed any and im gonna try go with this conf for now

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Seems zemana doesnt like neustars dns

Attachments

• neustardns.png
    neustardns.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 260

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have added this too, just curious why norton doesnt have this extension on their own site?
Is This Website Safe | Website Security | Norton Safe Web
Seems to have only safe search and home page extensions
Also downloads on from chrome store are only 35k, how comes?
The addon is working well tho
because this extension only shows for norton users. It is hidden for the others. Norton safe search = norton safe web + search advisor/reputation checker
Norton products by default have a half-baked web protection so they require norton safe web to be fully functional
Seems zemana doesnt like neustars dns
neustar recursive isn't a very popular DNS so zemana may not have signature for it

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
because this extension only shows for norton users. It is hidden for the others. Norton safe search = norton safe web + search advisor/reputation checker
Norton products by default have a half-baked web protection so they require norton safe web to be fully functional

neustar recursive isn't a very popular DNS so zemana may not have signature for it
Cool, thanks

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
These will conflict. Use one or the other, not both.

Zero reason to use this with either Comodo product installed.
Yup noticed it pretty fast.

Anyways sophos free + comodo fw should be enough, the webfilter is decent on sophos

I was thinking about immunet as cloud backup, but no idea is it worth it. thats why i tried comodo cloud first as it was stated on comodos forum that it shouldnt conflict with main antivirus

The reason im trying sophos now is parental/web filter, since k9 have too many issues and i had to remove it

Reactions: oldschool

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I was thinking about immunet as cloud backup, but no idea is it worth it.
Adding anything else is unnecessary; it'll just add to the performance impact with no tangible benefit to your system's security.
Sophos's signatures will take care of any known threats and Comodo will sandbox anything unknown. In the unimaginable event that something got past both then you'd still have Comodo's VirusScope there to detect malicious behaviour.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Adding anything else is unnecessary; it'll just add to the performance impact with no tangible benefit to your system's security.
Sophos's signatures will take care of any known threats and Comodo will sandbox anything unknown. In the unimaginable event that something got past both then you'd still have Comodo's VirusScope there to detect malicious behaviour.
Cheers. Any idea does sophos settle down a bit, since it have 250 mb memory usage right now wich is pretty high compared to other av programs

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I think the best solution for antivirus with CF is 360 TS. Very lite and works perfect with CF. Just block the promoutil for less ads
Have heard of its great bb, but some people avoid those chinese companies. Im gonna stay with sophos to see if it gets bit lighter and maybe check out that 360 after.

Actually that total security from 360 looks good, so many tools , could check it tonight tbh

Reactions: stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.