https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-microwave.86080/

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Have heard of its great bb, but some people avoid those chinese companies. Im gonna stay with sophos to see if it gets bit lighter and maybe check out that 360 after
I use it for a long time. I never had a problem. He works very well and with voodooshield.

Reactions: Moonhorse

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Only thing im aware of are the ads people talk about
The new version don t have many. But block the promoutil at program files with the firewall and you are ok with the ads Or use the premium for one month. Have one place write metals, give one e mail and take one month premium

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Well see, im gonna stay with sophos for now to see if it settles down in ram usage
I just wanted to show you the new GUI. For sophos i thing you will see after one two days near to 200 mb ram

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I just wanted to show you the new GUI. For sophos i thing you will see after one two days near to 200 mb ram
My computer been under load for hours and sophos is sitting now at 90mb ram, and thats near normal

Reactions: stefanos
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

My computer been under load for hours and sophos is sitting now at 90mb ram, and thats near normal
Give it a fews days spin if you can, depending on your config it might even go lower and be more unnoticable, just forget about ram usage for a moment and do your daily stuff at PC. If you are satisfied with it, you can try later and request a 30d. trial for SHP Sophos Home Premium Free Trial | Cybersecurity Made Simple
Heres a comparison of free vs premium Free Anti Virus and Web Security Download for PCs | Sophos Home imo if you were to chose SHP later on, you might as well just ditch CF and BAR, and just use Sandboxie free or Shadow Defender on-demand. Good luck either way and keep it simple. ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
- removed sophos home free
- removed comodo firewall
- removed nanoblocker, defender, windows browser protection, norton safe web

+ added voodooshield
+ chrome extensions; tunnelbear

Im gonna stay with windows defender + windows firewall and keep my system locked with voodooshield.
Im only worried about pups, but my browsing habits are pretty safe so im not gonna get any webfilter to slow down my browser
:unsure:

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
- removed sophos home free
- removed comodo firewall
- removed nanoblocker, defender, windows browser protection, norton safe web

+ added voodooshield
+ chrome extensions; tunnelbear

Im gonna stay with windows defender + windows firewall and keep my system locked with voodooshield.
Im only worried about pups, but my browsing habits are pretty safe so im not gonna get any webfilter to slow down my browser
:unsure:
I have safe browsing habits too, but problem become on " normally this days " on tv series web abuse of ads, popups redirecting wich can skipp ur extensions no matter wich 1 u use and many give trash things to ur pc

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have safe browsing habits too, but problem become on " normally this days " on tv series web abuse of ads, popups redirecting wich can skipp ur extensions no matter wich 1 u use and many give trash things to ur pc
Thats why im worried about pups, ive never had any other issues . i could add ublock with pup lists and disable rest

Voodooshield wont let anything throught anyways

Reactions: lowdetection

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Don't install anything that is offered by sites streaming copyright content.

In any case, try Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear
> Free to download and use
> Unobtrusive & silent operation
> Runs in the background
> Springs into action when an Installer offers PUP/PUA/Toolbars

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Don't install anything that is offered by sites streaming copyright content.

In any case, try Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear
> Free to download and use
> Unobtrusive & silent operation
> Runs in the background
> Springs into action when an Installer offers PUP/PUA/Toolbars
Seems nice software, but guess malwarebytes/ norton safe web are enough to avoid pup/pua/toolbars

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Seems nice software, but guess malwarebytes/ norton safe web are enough to avoid pup/pua/toolbars
They work differently. Unchecky intervenes and automatically un-checks the boxes for any Unwanted Programs.

Take CCleaner for an example, neither Malwarebytes or Norton Safe Web won't stop your CCleaner installer from allowing Avast to be installed (Piriform kidnapped: Avast Forcing CCleaner to Recommend Avast Free Antivirus)

From Unchecky website:
Ever missed a checkbox, and spent hours afterwards removing adware? Ever opened your browser after an installation, only to find out that you have a new homepage, a new search engine, or even a new browser? Unchecky aims to keep potentially unwanted programs out of your computer.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Nice config , you could change your search engine to duckduckgo or startpage for more privacy. You could add drweb cureit as on demand scanner since you are worried about pups : they are excellent in detecting them. Or change your realtime detection to eset , the King of pup detection! Thanks for Sharing your config with us!! :) ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Nice config , you could change your search engine to duckduckgo or startpage for more privacy. You could add drweb cureit as on demand scanner since you are worried about pups : they are excellent in detecting them. Or change your realtime detection to eset , the King of pup detection! Thanks for Sharing your config with us!! :);)
Cheers, ill check dr web, i have tried duckduckgo, but it feels so weird that i havent got used to it and always went back to google. If i could find any other browser that can compete against chrome, i would add duckduckgo for privacy

Right now , i feel so naked with windows defender/ windows firewall, that im pretty sure gonna install cis back soon... or atleast have cf

Reactions: dJim and FrFc1908

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I will research the following modifications:

Default Web Search Google --> Searx

System Utilities collection Unchecky --> PiHole+Custom filters

Real-time Web & Malware Protection Voodooshield --> NoVirus Thanks ExeRadar Pro

Browsers and Extensions Google chrome; malwarebytes, tunnelbear blocker, bitwarden --> Chromium+Wireguard as VPN, many people are currently looking for betatesting Wireguard, like azirevpn.

Nice solution.

Regards,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.