No
Security & Privacy Apps
* McAfee
Firewall & VPN Apps
NextDNS
Browser
Brave
Password manager
Bitwarden Mobile: Set to auto fill and can only be unlocked by my fingerprint.
Authenticator
2FA Authenticator
Phone & Caller ID
Activated Caller ID and Spam Protection inside the Samsung Phone settings.
Messaging
* WhatsApp
* Instagram
* Facebook
Music & Podcasts
* YT Music ( Came pre-installed. )
Games
Done by Device Care.
File and Photo backup
Backup phone is active, it makes a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One.
Active subscriptions
    • Apple One Premier
Notable changes
* Activated Caller ID and Spam Protection inside the Samsung Phone settings. ( Thanks Gandalf_The_Grey. )
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
First time making a Mobile Security thread, so be gentle, despite my setting in "Feedback Response"? Last time I had a Cellphone I owned a Samsung flip phone with a integrated antenna. :eek:

So now since I own a Smartphone since last Friday, I will need to learn a lot I guess. I hope I already made a decent start for a Smartphone Noob!?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Morro:

Browser apps, don't You use a browser to surf the Net in Your mobile? 🤔 Chrome, FF, Edge?

No Personal Files & Photos backup? -> Back up phone , also what about to use a cloud service OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. to backup Your personal files?

Authenticator apps:

Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
In addition to what @harlan4096 said:

Is AVG really needed on a Samsung smartphone?
You also have Device Care (Apparaatonderhoud in Dutch) from Samsung with McAfee antivirus protection.

Authenticator apps are for two-factor authentication.
More info here:

Your Phone & Caller ID app is Samsung Phone (Telefoon in Dutch).
(EDIT: the link below is only to let you see what app is already installed, no need to do anything)

Last edited:

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
@Morro:

Browser apps, don't You use a browser to surf the Net in Your mobile? 🤔 Chrome, FF, Edge?

No Personal Files & Photos backup? -> Back up phone , also what about to use a cloud service OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. to backup Your personal files?

Authenticator apps:

Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you Harlan4096, I will definitely the back up Phone link. And yeah I use chrome, but I do not believe that I have installed any browser apps so far into Chrome?

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Thank you for the links as well, as with Harlan4096, I will definitely use the links. :)

@simbatippe1234

Thank you, but it still needs some work so hopefully the links from Harlan4096 and Gandalf_The_Grey will help with that. :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thank you Harlan4096, I will definitely the back up Phone link. And yeah I use chrome, but I do not believe that I have installed any browser apps so far into Chrome?

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Thank you for the links as well, as with Harlan4096, I will definitely use the links. :)

@simbatippe1234

Thank you, but it still needs some work so hopefully the links from Harlan4096 and Gandalf_The_Grey will help with that. :)
Don't forget to update your configuration with any changes.
Don't forget to link Mobile Security Config with your account.
And most importantly enjoy your new smartphone (y)

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Don't forget to update your configuration with any changes.
Don't forget to link Mobile Security Config with your account.
And most importantly enjoy your new smartphone (y)

Just made sure that the Mobile Security config is set correctly here on the forums, thanks for the link. And thank you I will enjoy the Smartphone. :)

* Backup phone is already active, seems to make a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One?
* Installed 2FA Authenticator.
* Can not seem to find "Samsung Phone" app?
* Removed AVG Anti Virus Mobile and AVG Cleaner and now use Device Care and the already present McAffee.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Just made sure that the Mobile Security config is set correctly here on the forums, thanks for the link. And thank you I will enjoy the Smartphone. :)

* Backup phone is already active, seems to make a auto backup every two hours of in-activity to Google One?
* Installed 2FA Authenticator.
* Can not seem to find "Samsung Phone" app?
* Removed AVG Anti Virus Mobile and AVG Cleaner and now use Device Care and the already present McAffee.
Yes, backup is already active (y)
Wich 2FA Authenticator did you choose?
The Samsung Phone is called "Telefoon" (assuming your phone is setup in Dutch).

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Yes, backup is already active (y)
Wich 2FA Authenticator did you choose?
The Samsung Phone is called "Telefoon" (assuming your phone is setup in Dutch).

I picked this one...

As for the Samsung Phone... Doh, I thought it was an app, thanks .

EDIT: Activated Caller ID and Spam protection. ( Never thought to look for it there. :) )

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I picked this one...

As for the Samsung Phone... Doh, I thought it was an app, thanks .

EDIT: Activated Caller ID and Spam protection. ( Never thought to look for it there. :) )
For me Caller ID and Spam protection is greyed out / not available, maybe dependent on the mobile operator?

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.