Advanced Security Morro's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Sep 30, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
26H2
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
- ESET Smart Security Premium
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Have set the tips as advised by CyberDevil in this post.


* Activated Windows Sandbox, makes testing a new software easier.
Periodic malware scanners
- EEK (On demand)
- SiriusLLM (On demand)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
Does not apply to me, see above.
Browsers and extensions
Vivaldi

— uBlock-Stripped
— 3P-Matrix Lite
— Download Sentinel
— Let's GPC
— Dark Reader
Secure DNS
— NextDNS
Desktop VPN
none
Password and passkey manager
Vivaldi's built-in password manager.
File and photo backups
I do this manually to my external HD.
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
* Hasleo Backup Suite Free.
* External Hard Drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
* Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
* Motherboard: B560 ATX Wi-Fi / 1200 Socket (ATX)
* Processor: Intel i9 11900K - 8 cores - 16 threads - 3,5 GHz (Turbo 5,3 GHz)
* CPU Cooler: Master Liquid 240mm RGB(Active.) Air Cooling. (Passive.)
* SSD: Patriot M2 P300 1024GB
* External 5 TB WD Elements 25A3 USB Device
* RAM: RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 MHz (2x 16GB)
* Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 4060 8GB
* MSI MAG 27CQ6F - WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor - 180Hz - 27 Inch
* Outer casing: Sharkoon REV100
* Power: 750Watt - 80Plus GOLD
* Lan: Realtek 2.5 Gbps
* Sound: Realtek ALC892
* USB: 11 ports (Of different kinds.)
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

The desktop version is better, but the extension tends to leak your DNS and even your real IP address. I don't recommend it unless you use both.
Rarely use VPN; only for viewing geo-blocked websites, such as Opera browser website.
For security purposes, I do not care if my IP is visible, anyway it is a dynamic one created by ISP, and can be changed by restarting modem router.
 
Rarely use VPN; only for viewing geo-blocked websites, such as Opera browser website.
For security purposes, I do not care if my IP is visible, anyway it is a dynamic one created by ISP, and can be changed by restarting modem router.
Me too, I rarely use VPN, in fact I don't have any VPN installed, just Windscribe. Even so, the extension is still disabled. I don't really care either, my IP is dynamic. In my region, all the VPNs I've tested have a connection speed of no more than 30MB.
 
Maybe I will give it a try someday, but I am happy with Vivaldi right now.
Vivaldi is customizable, bloat-free, frequently updated, and fast - keep using it! I explored the Yandex browser; it offers a fully customizable new tab page and some helpful settings, but it has intrusive privacy and potentially confusing settings. Yandex is an okay browser for me.
 
Vivaldi is customizable, bloat-free, frequently updated, and fast - keep using it! I explored the Yandex browser; it offers a fully customizable new tab page and some helpful settings, but it has intrusive privacy and potentially confusing settings. Yandex is an okay browser for me.

Thank you for the heads-up. :)
 
After testing Vivaldi's own adblocker, I have removed uBlock Origin Lite. I am pleasantly surprised that Vivaldi has become quite a bit faster since switching to its own ad and tracker blocker. :)

Several lists were already activated, but I am not sure if I need to keep any of the following ...

- DuckDuckGo Tracker Radar.
- Easy Privacy.
- Easy List
- ABP Anti-Circumvention List
- Adblock Warning Removal List
- Online Malicious URL Blocklist/ (Vivaldi)

Especially because I personally added the lists below.

- Easylist Dutch.
- Adguard Annoyances List
- HaGeZi Multi PRO++
- HaGeZi Threat Intelligence Feeds Blocklist.
 
After testing Vivaldi's own adblocker, I have removed uBlock Origin Lite. I am pleasantly surprised that Vivaldi has become quite a bit faster since switching to its own ad and tracker blocker. :)

Several lists were already activated, but I am not sure if I need to keep any of the following ...

- DuckDuckGo Tracker Radar.
- Easy Privacy.
- Easy List
- ABP Anti-Circumvention List
- Adblock Warning Removal List
- Online Malicious URL Blocklist/ (Vivaldi)

Especially because I personally added the lists below.

- Easylist Dutch.
- Adguard Annoyances List
- HaGeZi Multi PRO++
- HaGeZi Threat Intelligence Feeds Blocklist.
Need one more; adguard base list; without, you get ads on YT if opened in a new tab, not in the same tab.
 
That what has happened for me when using Vivaldi adblocker with easylist filter without adguard one; the same happens with uBlock origin lite if using easylist without either uBlock origin base or adguard base.

Well, even though I have had no ads on YouTube so far, I will add the base filter then. I just found a EasyList + AdGuard Base filter (Optimized) version, so I can deactivate the easylist from the list that I might remove if people think I no longer need them with the lists I have activated myself.
 
Well, even though I have had no ads on YouTube so far, I will add the base filter then. I just found a EasyList + AdGuard Base filter (Optimized) version, so I can deactivate the easylist from the list that I might remove if people think I no longer need them with the lists I have activated myself.
I would recommend keeping easylist filter with either adguard filter or uBlock origin filter, removing easylist filter will get ads back to YT; needs at least easylist with one of the other two to block ads on YT properly.
 
Are you sure, I have not seen any ads so far on Youtube?
In fact, there are no ads on YouTube, but Google is delaying loading by 5 seconds for those who have adblockers. This adblocker war has been going on for years, if not decades, but they are closing the circle to pay for YouTube Premium. I just find this reticent, because everyone I know watches YouTube on their cell phones and they watch the videos and the ads. Why are they concerned about a very small portion of users who use adblock and watch on their computers? Can someone explain this to me? I can't understand the logic behind that.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top