PrivaZer
Ccleaner
Glary Utilities
VeraCrypt

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
You might want to swap SUPERAntiSpyware for Malwarebytes or Emsisoft, as SAS isn't as good as it used to be.

I

illumination

Other then seeing no form of backup "which you should have", it looks as if the rest of the basics are covered..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would suggest on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro and or ESET Online Scanner.I would favor those over SAS.
Looks good thanks for sharing your config :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As you are downloading samples and phishing, don't forget to conduct a backup to avoid any untoward situation. If enough resources on your Host System then install a virtusl machine and everything will be isolated. :)

For some reason SAS database are really at poor stage to cope up with the latest threats as possible unlike MBAM.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
I'd like to know about that.. As much as i read, i thought it was a good option!
SAS is only good for removing tracking cookies now... it was unable to keep up with other vendors in the AM market.

MBAM has to be installed, while Emsisoft provides a portable option (Emsisoft Emergency Kit). You can use both as on-demand scanners, or purchase MBAM/EAM to gain additional real time protection.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You can add a password manager like LastPass which is free to secure your passwords when you are online.
Thanks for sharing your config.

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

Hello Morvotron,

Just a suggestion...

If you look under the MT Give-A-Way subforum you can find Lifetime version licenses for both EaseUS Todo Home 8.2 and AOMEI Backupper Professional 2.5.

Both will meet your backup needs if you will actually use them.

Morvotron

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
What is your experience with ZoneAlarm?

It's very effective, as far as i've tested it. It has two modes to choose, maximum protection, and automatic protection. Most of the times, ZoneAlarm decides for you and blocks or allows programs depending on its heuristic. That's why you have an interface to choose which programs you want to allow/block incoming, outcoming connections, and the trusting level you want to give it.

Here's a picture in spanish.

103ef8979b2fe830db8d7750bbc98798.png

It works really well, it also has an option to check how many actual access blocks the software has made to prevent damages or intruders. Really well. Almost no system impact.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Nice update you have done there.
I want to ask you some questions.
Has GData improved in matter of system performance because last time i used it, it was heavy on my system.
About ZoneAlarm firewall is it heavy for an old system like mine? How much RAM is using and do you have the Free or the Pro version?

Reactions: safe1st

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Nice update you have done there.
I want to ask you some questions.
Has GData improved in matter of system performance because last time i used it, it was heavy on my system.
About ZoneAlarm firewall is it heavy for an old system like mine? How much RAM is using and do you have the Free or the Pro version?

I feel an impact when test ZoneAlarm Extreme Security on VM, fyi my VM is dual-core and 2GB of ram..
Gdata is almost same like eset, no impact on system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.