Most effective paid anti-malware 2018?

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
members on here seem to like emsisoft better.

please say why you prefer the anti-malware.

please exclude kaspersky.

Reactions: Electr0n

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
it's all a matter of personal preference , user a may like product a , user b may like product b. it is best to trial several products and see which suits you and your machine the best. I am currently utilizing fsecure safe ( actually arebrand of my isp. ) but I like it's clean and simple gui , there are almost zero settings to tinker with but it offers awsome protection and has a solid bb. ;)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Other, G Data isn't on the list. That'd be my main pick. Bullguard would be my secondary choice, that's also not even on the list.

Also, 'Paid' FortiClient isn't really something that should be on the list. Because if it was a real paid version being questioned then FortiClient would be so far ahead of other solutions to not even be a fair comparison. FortiClient Paid pairs with FortiGate and FortiSandbox Appliances and the EMS Management Portal activating the Fortiguard Security Fabric and realtime ATP.

When over 25% of your votes are 'other' you know your poll is very poorly done.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Make it personal, not technical. Even the best program can let you down. It's always better if you get along with the program and it doesn't annoy you. Defender is the best example here. But if you want a sandbox, firewall and HIPS in one, Comodo is the right choice!
Here I suggest you: Don't be so paranoid for computer security. Fewer is here better! You'd better work on your surfing habits.
So again my recommendation: Windows Defender, if you have a good hard drive.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
i dont understand the trouble about trend micro and the CIA...
if I little pc home user should be afraid what happens with his data...then she shoud avoid google, android, apple, amazon...
or better still live in a "offline world".
monitoring is everywhere these days
trendmicro is not the only one, all AV are friends of marcus, andrew and george Uncle. No one knows what they do with the recollected data.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.