askalan

Level 15
Malware Hunter
Verified
First I use uBlock Origin (+ Nano Defender) and HTTPS Everywhere, like you. These are standard addons that don't seem important, but are actually important. Then I use CanvasBlocker and Decentraleyes. They break a few pages, but bring something in terms of privacy. I also use a password manager, KeePassXC, which is open source and works great with my Firefox. That's all, you don't need any more.

JM Safe

From Zemana
Verified
First I use uBlock Origin (+ Nano Defender) and HTTPS Everywhere, like you. These are standard addons that don't seem important, but are actually important. Then I use CanvasBlocker and Decentraleyes. They break a few pages, but bring something in terms of privacy. I also use a password manager, KeePassXC, which is open source and works great with my Firefox. That's all, you don't need any more.
If they break some pages, just temporarily disable the extension, and then re-enable it.

vertigo

Level 2
ClearURLs, Cookies Exterminator, CSS Exfil Protection, Decentraleyes, Header Editor (with several custom rules), Kee, NoScript, Privacy Badger, Searchonymous, Skip Redirect, Smart HTTPS, Smart Referer, uBlock Origin, uMatrix, and Violentmonkey*. SSleuth is also a good one, but not necessary, and I currently have it disabled since I'm trying to isolate an issue. The same goes for HTTPS Everywhere (not really necessary with Smart HTTPS, though IIRC it's still somewhat helpful, but not enough for me to consider it necessary, which is why I've disabled it for testing. I also have other "necessary" extensions, but these are the security/privacy-related ones. And, of course, there's about:config and options tweaks. This is all in Waterfox, though I also use Vivaldi, Brave, and TBB, depending on what I'm doing. Absolutely NOT Chrome. Firefox/Waterfox is what I recommend for advanced users who want the most protection but at the risk of the most breakage (and therefore need to be able to fix it), Brave for all other users, since it has built-in protection with minimal breakage, and Vivaldi for sites that just don't want to work in either of the others, or if you want a Chromium browser with more features.

*Violentmonkey of course requires scripts to be useful, and these are the ones I use: Absolute Enable Right Click & Copy, Don't F*** with Paste, Conceal History Length, Conceal Window Name, Visited Lite, and AdsBypasser.

Atlas147

Level 30
Content Creator
Verified
- Netcraft (website reputation)
- Bitwarden (password manager)
- uBlock Origin (adblocker)
- Pocket (save websites for later)
- WebRTC Network Limiter (blocking WebRTC leak)
- MinerBlock (blocking miners on websites)