Advice Request Most necessary extensions?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Genux

There are too many choices, so I'll split it down to 3 main categories that I think are necessary.
Extensions:
+ Block adverts, trackers and other dangerous web content
+ Password manager for log-in credentials and secure notes
+ VPN for secure connections and privacy

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
- AdGuard
- Decentraleyes
- Bitwarden
- ExpressVPN Ext.
- Kaspersky Ext.

ExpressVPN Ext. is including some cool stuff..
exts.png

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
@show-Zi I think your english is well written and understandable, I think you would be able also without translator :)
My own English ability is inferior to YouTube's automatic translation subtitles.;)
I have multiple browsers, but in the case of transcribing and browsing overseas sites, I feel that Firefox is much lagging compared to chrome browsers. Firefox used add-on of translation called s3Translator, but it seems that it has been deleted from the official add-on now.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
On my main machine:

Most necessary add-ons for Firefox: uBlock Origin and NoScript
Most necessary add-on for Microsoft Edge: Nano Adblocker

It's an ongoing effort to find the fewest, most effective and resource-light extensions. Getting there. :emoji_ok_hand:

Edit: temporarily allowing JavaScript on here as a trusted site allows me to "like" a post without that "are you sure" dialog. Anyone else notice this?

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
A list of extensions I use with Chrome and/or Firefox:

Lastpass
Hashpass
Roboform
Keepass Tusk
Bitwarden
Checker Plus for Gmail
Screenshot
Search image
Darkness
Speed Dial 2
Authy
Netcraft

Reactions: harlan4096

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
That's a nice collection of password managers.
Anyone your favorite?

Lastpass and Bitwarden. I have used several others, including 1Password, Dashlane, Keeper, Roboform, Password Boss, Enpass etc but BW and LP are the winners. I obviously cannot rely completely on SaaS providers with what I consider critical information for fear they may go out of business someday and leave my info inaccessible. Therefore I have backed up my logins and safe notes in Keepass & Sticky Password configured for local WiFi sync. I won't trust Enpass until they have their code audited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.