Solved Mouse freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZWilly

Thread author
Jun 22, 2011
I deleted some registry data(& I couldn't remember what...)
When restarted PC, mouse was frozen but others were OK. I can use the keyboard & the system 100% running OK.
I tried to go to safe mode to use command prompt (scanreg /retore)to do the system restoration but was informed not a proper command,.... & not even fixed with XP CD also.

Can anyone help to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

BC2kX

Jun 22, 2011
Hey ZWilly, you have a few choices to fix your problems. First off if you're willing to do a system restore to an earlier date that would be your best and easiest option. I can't tell from your post if that's what you already tried or not but you can do it via safe mode using Windows system restore. I find this the best way to rollback my computer after registry errors or bad updates, just make sure your anti-virus is off and like I said boot up in safe mode with no networking. Then try to find the best date that you have stored that's before you were experiencing the problems. Other options include a clean install of your OS which is obviously not the easiest nor best option for a minor problem like yours. I would try the system restore option like I said first and if you have no luck message me before doing a clean install and there may be a better option than that but I'd need a little more info about what you've done right before the problem and some of the solutions you've already tried. Sorry if this posted twice I don't see my reply on this thread.

Upvote 0

ZWilly

Thread author
Jun 22, 2011
Thanks BC2kX.
I followed your PM instructions & finally fixed the problems with CD.
Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Next time if you want to modify the registry make sure conduct a backup in case any problems will occur.

Upvote 0

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
RE: [Solved] Mouse freeze

I followed your PM instructions & finally fixed the problems with CD.
I am assuming repair install.

Anyway,congrats to BC2kx for his first post!

Upvote 0

BC2kX

Jun 22, 2011
RE: [Solved] Mouse freeze

I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you, like jamescv7 said if you decide to mess with the registry definitely back-up your registry files first. Also I would suggest a free program, CCleaner to maintain your computers registry files plus it automatically asks you to back-up before you delete any entries.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.