Advice Request Mozilla addresses misinformation - Firefox Logo

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Blog: Remain Calm: the fox is still in the Firefox logo – The Firefox Frontier

If you’ve been on the internet this week, chances are you might have seen a meme or two about the Firefox logo.

And listen, that’s great news for us. Sure, it’s stressful to have hundreds of thousands of people shouting things like “justice for the fox” in all-caps in your mentions for three days straight, but ultimately that means people are thinking about the brand in a way they might not have for years.

People were up in arms because they thought we had scrubbed fox imagery from our browser. Rest easy knowing nothing could be further from the truth.
We didn’t get rid of the fox then and have no plans to do so now, or ever. Plenty of folks jumped in to try and clear things up in the original thread, but once the “they killed the fox” meme caught momentum and became the “Firefox minimalist logo” meme, there was no stopping it.

1615160352179.png

Useful Link: How to spot (and do something) about real fake news – The Firefox Frontier

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I don't care how they justify it... In fact, they did kill the fox. It doesn't take a Picasso-minded genius to see that.... I quite like the First gen. logo, the second and third just shininess I don't really care (personal preference), Lastly the fourth one is a great alternative for the less is more crowd like me... Though, the one that came after........

All i can say "....................................", Pure sarcastic silence. :cautious:

:p

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.