Mozilla Firefox 31.0 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Pale Moon and Cyberfox is both unstable. It freezes constantly for me whereas the latest version of firefox hasn't crashed at all or slowed down.
Latest Cyberfox stable release is the best browser for me. Whats your issues ? Can you please report it here ? Thanks

Do not be sad, try them both of have portable releases, you do not know before try!

Reactions: ALi

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Latest Cyberfox stable release is the best browser for me. Whats your issues ? Can you please report it here ? Thanks

Do not be sad, try them both of have portable releases, you do not know before try!

I reported it as a "bug" I am not entirely sure if I did this correct or not, but they should get back to me even if I did this wrong right?

ALi

Level 3
Verified
May 5, 2014

I've already tried them... And I like Mozilla Firefox ...

Reactions: Oxygen and yigido

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Google was the default search engine for decades in firefox and I don't know how come all of a sudden it started invading the privacy after mozilla added the new search field in the new tab page. It's still customizable with click of a button to change to another search engine.
2ChZRMa.png

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Change it if you don't like Google search
30wkpyv.jpg

Reactions: Oxygen

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Pale Moon and Cyberfox is both unstable. It freezes constantly for me whereas the latest version of firefox hasn't crashed at all or slowed down.
Were you using their x86, and are you able to try the x64 64 bit versions? I'd had problems with Pale Moon before, but when I moved up to their 64 bit version it was an entirely pleasing change!:):)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Were you using their x86, and are you able to try the x64 64 bit versions? I'd had problems with Pale Moon before, but when I moved up to their 64 bit version it was an entirely pleasing change!:):)
I use x64 on both cyberfox and Pale Moon, and the thing that doesn't make sense is that I'm using x86 regular firefox and it hasn't crashed at all.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
More money from Google for Mozilla. I think Google is the default searcher for the newtab page. How will it affect a users privacy? So many question in my mind??? Re-think to continue use Firefox. (I am not telling this to chrome users, if you are a Chrome user, have fun getting spied on ;) ) Google will know who searched things from Firefox, from now on. It means Google Chrome or Firefox are the same thing after this update (IMO) I know there are sponsored ad codes into new Firefox. Good bye Firefox..
Hahh.. Mozilla says "Most trusted internet company for privacy" I do not believe this anymore.

By the way thanks for the info Petrovic
It isn't hard to change the default search.

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic
Y

yigido

It isn't hard to change the default search.
You know the changing, I know the changing.. but most of novice users, what about their privacy ? If you claim yourself as a Privacy Company (I mean Mozilla) IT shouldn't in this way. I do not like the latest Mozilla minds. They want to make money from Firefox with ads and selling their users 'privacy'.
Change it and use it, have it your way :)

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You know the changing, I know the changing.. but most of novice users, what about their privacy ? If you claim yourself as a Privacy Company (I mean Mozilla) IT shouldn't in this way. I do not like the latest Mozilla minds. They want to make money from Firefox with ads and selling their users 'privacy'.
Change it and use it, have it your way :)
If users have a vpn while using google then you should have no problem using google as the default search.

I

illumination

More money from Google for Mozilla. I think Google is the default searcher for the newtab page. How will it affect a users privacy? So many question in my mind??? Re-think to continue use Firefox. (I am not telling this to chrome users, if you are a Chrome user, have fun getting spied on ;) ) Google will know who searched things from Firefox, from now on. It means Google Chrome or Firefox are the same thing after this update (IMO) I know there are sponsored ad codes into new Firefox. Good bye Firefox..
Hahh.. Mozilla says "Most trusted internet company for privacy" I do not believe this anymore.

By the way thanks for the info Petrovic

Take any older form of firefox, even your cyberfox, and type about:config into the address bar, once inside the code, tell me how many listings for google you see in the code... Been this way for long time.. You were never without google in your firefox browser..

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Take any older form of firefox, even your cyberfox, and type about:config into the address bar, once inside the code, tell me how many listings for google you see in the code... Been this way for long time.. You were never without google in your firefox browser..

Then what browser doesn't have google stuff ?

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
i like more firefox nightly than the stable version lol
JCTwLGL.gif
, i feel it more faster. maybe is just me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.