Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Then what browser doesn't have google stuff ?
After reading the many posts here, my semi-educated guess is that it's dependant on the search engine you choose, either directly or indirectly, phones home to Star Fleet Command since Google bought them too!!:D*Kidding...;)
Back on topic, how about Opera?? The versions with the Presto engine, of course, rather than WebKit/Blink. The problem I have with these Opera browsers is they fall short in performance, in my humble opinon.:(
I'm going to look up Dynamic IP Address now.:)
In all fairness, can you blame them? Their a company called "Firefox". Foxes are always spying on people when they can ;)
JCTwLGL.gif

I know, and then they'll try getting into your chicken:eek: coops, too!!! Make sure you hide your chickens ..or, as in my case, your chicken-cats!:D

Reactions: WinXPert

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

an important thing is that average Joe is not aware of those addons; here, we are, because we are a security forum, but ask about it to your grandma and tell me her answer...^^

D

Deleted member 178

an important thing is that average Joe is not aware of those addons; here, we are, because we are a security forum, but ask about it to your grandma and tell me her answer...^^

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Grandma would say: "Why are you bothering me with this technical mumbo jumbo!??:mad: Now, sit down and eat, or go back outside and play; ..but you just leave me alone about all this computer stuff!!:mad:".
Yup,:oops: that's what she'd probably say.:p:D

Y

yigido

More money from Google for Mozilla. I think Google is the default searcher for the newtab page. How will it affect a users privacy? So many question in my mind??? Re-think to continue use Firefox. (I am not telling this to chrome users, if you are a Chrome user, have fun getting spied on ;) ) Google will know who searched things from Firefox, from now on. It means Google Chrome or Firefox are the same thing after this update (IMO) I know there are sponsored ad codes into new Firefox. Good bye Firefox..
Hahh.. Mozilla says "Most trusted internet company for privacy" I do not believe this anymore.

By the way thanks for the info Petrovic

Latest Build Info:

Cyberfox 31.0.0

• New: Turn on|off newtab page search via user pref "browser.newtab.search.enabled" more information Here & FAQ article Here
  • Fixed: Removed code for sponsored tiles.
and more..

Release notes: https://8pecxstudios.com/hooray-your-cyberfox-is-up-to-date-31-0

Reactions: Petrovic
D

Deleted member 21043

I like Cyberfox because the name refers to privacy (if you think about it carefully). It reminds me of a fox fading into space, backing away from your private information etc. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
We're up to this version already, haha lost count. Mind you Don't use any versions of Firefox now.

Y

yigido

Take any older form of firefox, even your cyberfox, and type about:config into the address bar, once inside the code, tell me how many listings for google you see in the code... Been this way for long time.. You were never without google in your firefox browser..
Safebrowsing that I disabled all time.
and Add-on update system are Google in the Cyberfox. I only saw them when I searched Google in the about:config
Also I am using NoScript.. What can I do more even the Micsrosoft is a backdoor :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.