Solved Mozilla firefox hangs itself and it also freezes whole pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
I have the problem that Firefox keeps freezing my computer, making it totally unresponsive, I have to wait for a minute to make pc normal. The freeze often occurs when i opened multiple tab or when I dont use mozilla more than 5 minute.. Sometimes it has seemed about to freeze, lagging the cursor, but then catching up and making. I tired mozilla in safe mode and addon disabled mode.But problem not solved.it remians in both mode. Sometimes I need to restart pc. The task manager shows 84% memory usage. The freezing affect every task of pc.And its very irritating. plz help me friends? ( sorry for the poor english as it is not my native language)

2Gb ram
160GB HD,

Last edited:

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks you friends for your valuable suggestions.
I tired Chrome,Opera next, Cyberfox and 360 browser.But I experinced same issue with all these browsers also. These browse freezes on some pages just like mozilla and was making my pc unstable for few moments.

But finally the problem has been solved. Maxthon is the Browser who gave me a breakthrough over it.:):):) Wov Whats a nice n fast browser this is! I am using it from last 5 days not having the problem with it. Speed is superb.As per my experience It giving better and faster performance than Mozilla,chrome and opera. Thanks to Maxthon..:p:p:p

Reactions: Kent
Upvote 0

skumar

Jan 9, 2014
Even i face the similar issue with my Mozilla Firefox. Most of the time, i will kill plugincontainer.exe in Task Manager to bring the browser back to normal. May be you can try with it.

Upvote 0

thewul

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
I know... it is an old thread, but I am adding this nonetheless.
Should others have the same problem.

Maybe this is a solution..?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-hangs-or-not-responding

=
Turn off hardware acceleration

With some graphics card and graphics driver setups, Firefox may hang when using hardware acceleration. You can try turning off hardware acceleration to see if it fixes the problem.

Click the menu button New Menu and choose Options.
Select the Advanced panel and the General tab.
Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.

Click the menu button New Fx Menu and then click Exit Close
Start Firefox the way you normally do.

If the problem is no longer happening, then hardware acceleration was likely the cause.

=

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.