Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Mozilla published its annual audited financial statement for the year 2021, and the outlook could not be better.

The organization managed to increase total revenue to $600 million, an increase of more than $100 million compared to the year 2020. Search engine royalties, especially paid by Google but also other search engine companies, increased by more than $80 million in the year to $527 million.

While that is impressive growth, subscription and advertising revenue grew even more. Last year, Mozilla earned $24 million from subscriptions and advertising. In 2021, revenue grew to $56 million.

Mozilla's main revenue sources grew considerably. In fact, 2021's revenue is second only to 2019's revenue, but only because of a one-time payment Mozilla received in the year from Yahoo.
You can check out the financial report for 2021 here [PDF].

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

monkeylove

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
How is browser usage? If it remains low and continues to drop, can increased revenues counter such?

I ask because I've been using Firefox for sometime. I tried Brave last night, and can't find addons like Snap Links and XDM, and couldn't tweak the UI like move addon icons to the bookmarks bar.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How is browser usage? If it remains low and continues to drop, can increased revenues counter such?

I ask because I've been using Firefox for sometime. I tried Brave last night, and can't find addons like Snap Links and XDM, and couldn't tweak the UI like move addon icons to the bookmarks bar.
No need, when they offers services outside of the browser. 'Firefox' isn't just a browser product. Firefox is a brand of Mozilla.
Mozilla established several services in the past couple of years, including Firefox VPN, Pocket Premium and Hits, Firefox Relay and others.

You should contact the developers of those add-ons to find out why they're not available, or if it's planned.

Try Opera for Desktop which offers more UI customisation for a Chromium-based browser.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.