Advice Request Mozilla Thunderbird update in Spyshelter sandbox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Hello. Tell me how to set up a sandbox in Spyshelter so that Mozilla Thunderbird can update without problems? The problem is that if Mozilla Thunderbird is in the sandbox, then it cannot update, so you have to remove it from the sandbox, update it and define it again in the sandbox. I have excluded all the folders of this mail program, but it still cannot update if it is in the Spyshelter sandbox. How to solve this problem?

Yanick

Level 1
Jun 14, 2021
Hello. Tell me how to set up a sandbox in Spyshelter so that Mozilla Thunderbird can update without problems? The problem is that if Mozilla Thunderbird is in the sandbox, then it cannot update, so you have to remove it from the sandbox, update it and define it again in the sandbox. I have excluded all the folders of this mail program, but it still cannot update if it is in the Spyshelter sandbox. How to solve this problem?
You could check what SpyShelter Restricted Apps ---> File Access Violations tab says, if it gives indications when you try to run Thunderbird updating what locations it's denying access, you can right click on the process and press "whitelist path", that helped me on couple of other apps. If that does not work, i can check whats the problem or if it's something user can make work.

Cheer's

Reactions: Zorro and Venustus

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
You could check what SpyShelter Restricted Apps ---> File Access Violations tab says, if it gives indications when you try to run Thunderbird updating what locations it's denying access, you can right click on the process and press "whitelist path", that helped me on couple of other apps. If that does not work, i can check whats the problem or if it's something user can make work.

Cheer's
Okay, I'll try to do that.

Reactions: Yanick

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.