System recovery
Nil

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
@trainbus120 Thanks.

• Kaspersky Internet Security 2015(RC) is very stable version, i found minor UI related bug.
  • New 2015 version of KIS is extremely faster, There is not at all slowdown from this new version of KIS 2015(RC)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Good config, if Kaspersky is working good for u then no need to change ur AV in future since it's malware removal capability on a infected computer is excellent compare to other AV. The reason why i removed it coz it was slowing down my pc & it scan speed is slow compare to other AV. HerdProtect is a growing product in market & it will take some time to make it good as other on-demand scanners like hitmapro. It didn't did well in AV test so i recommended u to add any of them -> MBAM free, Dr.we Cureit, Avira PC cleaner & scan ur PC weekly, 15 days a month or monthly, how u prefer. If u want padiware then go for hitman pro. Leave CCE coz most of on-demand scanners/av scanners detect malwares from CCE quarantine which is annoying.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
@Koroke San

I had already removed Kaspersky Interenet Security 2015, but really i would surely use it after its final release.
  • Whereas RealTime Protection i use is ESET Smart Security 7.
  • MalwareBytes keeps on hanging while scanning that why i removed it.
  • In Comodo Cleaning Essential, I don't use it much.
  • Thinking of adding Hitman Pro

Check your PM.
I am thinking of giving a try to Qihoo 360 Total Security.

I want a good Backup software - Any Suggestion.
Windows Backup doesn't work on my PC.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
MrExplorer,

Are you backing up to an external drive? And do you have a Windows 8.1.1 Disc in case you have restore to your PC?
From not being able to boot?
It would be nice if someone could show the correct steps to get the PC backup and running
using Windows Backup!;)

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I am trying KIS 2015 at the time (v. .463), and I find it very good but there is a problem. When URL advisor is enabled via settings, it slows down browsing in Google Chrome. I hope they 'll fix it soon.
The system is more responsive compared to when I was using Avira for example till some days ago.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Today, Made a new Backup using Macrium Reflect, & The Backup size is extremely small only 6.56GB & whereas my C Drive size is 21GB. How it is possible can anyone explain me.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Now, I Remove Macrium.
I guess System Restore Points & Windows Backup is Enough.

Thanks for the Suggestion.
Enjoy :D
Nope if ur pc infected with virus, sometimes system restore won't work coz they will get infected too. Yeah window backup is good too but if u want extra features like compression, password protection etc then u can try third party backup programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.