MRG Effitas Flash Tests 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
There the link:

http://www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/category/malwareproducttesting/

EAM and Defensewall on the top this test as always.

Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
RE: MRG Effitas Flash Test 29.06.2012

Thanks for the share. Kaspersky did well too.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: MRG Effitas Flash Test 29.06.2012

Trend Micro did okay. The one that did the worst was Microsoft ha

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: MRG Effitas Flash Tests Thread

update 02/07/2012

http://www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/mrg-effitas-flash-test-02-07-2012/

i wish Defensewall to be x64 :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
no, better for webroot :p as well as Zemana AL (Zemana doesn't give its authorization yet)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
*Opens it and see's if Microsoft did better, then realising it didn't so closes it.*

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
After seeing the result microsoft user will not to dare to use MSE either it will be the last lightest av on the earth :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
After seeing the result microsoft user will not to dare to use MSE either it will be the last lightest av on the earth :p

It will more then likely be the last AV I would use on this Earth with those results. I would run Common Sense before Microsoft. Thanks.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
Stranger said:

It will more then likely be the last AV I would use on this Earth with those results. I would run Common Sense before Microsoft. Thanks.
I also consider mse as one of the good and light av despite all -result at different blogs.
I have used mse before with no infection and good detection on my win 7 desktop

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Although the MSE results are disappointing, it would be irrational to disregard it because of one set of tests.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Trend seriously needs to pick it's game up. With these results it's not looking good.

MRF71 said:
Do they not test comodo?

Because all of them you can get in a paid Internet Security Suite. Comodo has only a free version.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
hey McLovin, come to EAM... come to EAM...come to EAM...EAM is good for you...EAM is good for you...(hypnotic voice "on" ) :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
hey McLovin, come to EAM... come to EAM...come to EAM...EAM is good for you...EAM is good for you...(hypnotic voice "on" ) :p

I've trusted them for a long time. So switching might be different. Plus never tried EAM.

Well I'll wait till the final release of the Beta for Trend Micro comes out and see what happens with that.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
McLovin said:
umbrapolaris said:

I've trusted them for a long time. So switching might be different. Plus never tried EAM.

Well I'll wait till the final release of the Beta for Trend Micro comes out and see what happens with that.

I have tested all the beta versions of Trend Micro 2013 and they all seem to fail in protecting from unknown malware and its detection rate is also not upto the mark even at highest settings
2) Ram and Cpu usage is never stable almost seemed like a heart beat of a running horse
3) No way to know for sure if its really connected to cloud or no
4) The only thing i liked about trend micro is its web blocker which is one of the best i tested unfortunately it only supports firefox and internetexplorer which i am not fond of
5) if i ever had to rate it i would rate it 3 out of 5 and all 3 star would be only for their web blocker
Thanks

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
loveboy_lion said:
I have tested all the beta versions of Trend Micro 2013 and they all seem to fail in protecting from unknown malware and its detection rate is also not upto the mark even at highest settings
2) Ram and Cpu usage is never stable almost seemed like a heart beat of a running horse
3) No way to know for sure if its really connected to cloud or no
4) The only thing i liked about trend micro is its web blocker which is it one of the best i tested unfortunately it only supports firefox and internetexplorer which i am not fond of
5) if i ever had to rate it i would rate it 3 out of 5 and all 3 star would be only for their web blocker
Thanks

In some instances you are correct. It's ram usage is a bit high, but I think they are going to bring that down in the final version.

As for the web blocker, yes it only supports for Firefox and Internet Explorer at the moment.

Well since you have tested it then you will know that they are including a lot more features in the latest version. A Facebook check, checks all your privacy setting on your Facebook and checks if they are set to private. They will be including the program call Direct Pass, a password manager that Trend Micro puts out. It used be the case that you will have to pay for it, but what they have done now is that they are including that in the version and once you buy a key for Trend 2013 you will also get a key and be able to install that Direct Pass.

They will be including the program Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families. You originally had to pay for that separate, but they are now including that in the latest version.

You are also correct that the web blocker/guard is the best thing about it. If a user is confronted with a screen saying this page is dangerous, won't that give the user a hint that the page is dangerous? or is that just me?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.