Thread author
MRG Effitas Flash Test 13.07.2012

Untitled-18.png

source

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
The big surprise here is Sourcefire (Immunet), only 3 misses in all tests so far!! Great job!

/W

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Trend did slightly better this time. Still not as good as some others like Avast.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Average detection rate in MRG Effitas Flash Test Project 2012 (Zero Hour- up to 1 hour ITW)

MRG-Effitas-Flash-Tests-2012-Zero-Hour.png

Average detection rate in MRG Effitas Flash Test Project 2012 (Zero Day – up to 6 hours ITW)

MRG-Effitas-Flash-Tests-2012-6h-ITW1.png

List of participants:
1. Avira AntiVir Premium
2. Avast Antivirus Professional
3. AVG Antivirus
4. BitDefender Antivirus
5. BluePoint Security
6. Emsisoft Anti-Malware
7. Eset Nod32 Antivirus
8. GFI Virpre Antivirus
9. Ikarus Virus Utilities
10. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
11. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
12. McAfee Antivirus Plus
13. Microsoft Security Essentials
14. Panda Antivirus Pro
15. SoftSpehere DefenseWall
16. SourceFire Immunet Protect Plus/FireAmp
17. Symantec Norton Antivirus
18. Zemana Anti-Malware/Hitman Pro
19. Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus

Source

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Is Bluepoint really so great that it is whacking Bitdefender? Looks more like a Matousec kind of testing process. If Biozefar gets time maybe he can do Bluepoint review.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
See Trend did well when it comes to the Zero Day malware that has been out for 6 hours but with the one hour, not the best, but Kaspersky on the other hand did very well on both.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
Is Bluepoint really so great that it is whacking Bitdefender? Looks more like a Matousec kind of testing process. If Biozefar gets time maybe he can do Bluepoint review.

lol i have same question

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
goo result for avast 7...I used avira 2012 earlier to avast 7 due to slow downs on boot and poor web filter...avast 6 wasnt good..but version 7 makes some huge improvements and probably i am going to continue with this good software.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Stranger said:
malbky said:

lol i have same question

Actually they are impressive if you as a user are skilled.
They use a "Deny the unknown" approach but their cloud scanner is really good to.
Some strange FP on my side, but that could have been because of the "non English" language of my OS. For example: Notepad.exe was flagged...
Would be nice to see a new test on it.

/W

P

Plexx

Thread author
McLovin said:
See Trend did well when it comes to the Zero Day malware that has been out for 6 hours but with the one hour, not the best, but Kaspersky on the other hand did very well on both.

Same happened to ESET.

Nevertheless good results overall I believe.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Flash Test 17/08/2012 (zero-hour, 6h, 12h)

http://www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/

Click to enlarge

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
I see too many fakeAV's and ransomwares on the rise lately since early 2012..

Looks like somebody secured their credit card processing systems :D

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
But I've seen experienced tech admins say they like it. don't know why it's clearly rubbish IMHO

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Defensewall and Kaspersky did extremely well, Microsoft on the other, not so good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.