Deleted member 178

Thread author
MRG Flash Test 18/10/2011

Threat Names: ZAccess, Tibia, Kbot, Ransom
infection Vector: HTTP
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit

Standalone Anti-Malware Applications

link: http://malwareresearchgroup.com/2011/10/18/mrg-flash-test-18102011/

.....................................................................................................................

this time MBAM failed...

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Wow im surprised mbam only got 2 out of 4, and it still doesnt look like sas is getting any better yet. Zemana got perfect though :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ZAL on a x86 system is awesome, i just want the same in a x64 system, maybe for v2

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
ZAL on a x86 system is awesome, i just want the same in a x64 system, maybe for v2

MBAM fail, but if combined with Norton.
it will be perfect.
because, MBAM can detect ransom. Norton Can't. that's it make perfect.
and avast standalone and panda also, can passed ALL. Great.
why SAS didn't get improvement? Ego?
:D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Anyway MBAM is not a true AV (dixit MBAM), so a real AV must be used in 1st place.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:

Really hope so, got the current version running on my 64bit system, turned off system defence as don't want it to disturb CIS HIPS (you got that too right?). so is it actually worth having at moment or is it more or less useless on 64bit (sorry for drifting off topic guys).

Rather annoyed to see Comodo not in amongst them, but this horse has been flogged many times haha.

MBAM + SAS (even though SAS going down hill so it seems) is very shocking indeed!!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For MBAM its normal to be failed but surely it could do well on next recent test.

Emsisoft is like the one barely to show up a fail as up to date from the latest zero malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.