Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Threat Names: Zeus, Banker , Inject, AutoIt

Infection Vector: HTTP

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate

Standalone Anti-Malware Applications

Very interest results. Avast Free kickin butt over paid products. Complete failures again for MSE.

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/2011/04/mrg-flash-test-4132011/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Emsisoft is really strong detection abilities most chances are detected and few little chance of having missed samples.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Don't need to buy it... you can just download their free Emsisoft Emergency Kit. and scan with it.
Norton with 2 fails...didn't expect that.LOL.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes

That's why they have their on demand scanner yet free also same detection from paid version.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The bad part with Emsisfot Emergency Kit is that it dosen't install a "Scan with Emsisoft" on mouse "right click" ..... :D
Nevertheless it's a good scanner....It's the only one that I've seen that detects this : http://www.emsisoft.com/en/malware/Adware.Win32.BSplayer-remove.aspx ....

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
I stopped using Emsisoft Emegency Kit on calls because it never detects anything. MBAM,NPE and HMP do all the work. EEK finds nothing but cookies. Plus the updates are 60MB or so.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
I stopped using Emsisoft Emegency Kit on calls because it never detects anything. MBAM,NPE and HMP do all the work. EEK finds nothing but cookies. Plus the updates are 60MB or so.
The Ikarus engine is usually quite good, I wonder why they aren't doing much in your experience.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I am really surprized of Immunet; it doesn't have the best AV.

Why wasn't CIS apart of this?

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Being a huge fan of Comodo I would think you know this. MRG and Comodo had a huge falling out awhile back. Chris from MRG found security holes in CIS and brought them to the attention of the Comodo team. So they banned him. Plus this is a stand alone av test and not a security suite test.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well as Dieselman stated, here is the video about the security holes that MRG showed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dieselman said:
Being a huge fan of Comodo I would think you know this. MRG and Comodo had a huge falling out awhile back. Chris from MRG found security holes in CIS and brought them to the attention of the Comodo team. So they banned him. Plus this is a stand alone av test and not a security suite test.

I don't know everything. :p

I don't know anything about banning anyone and I was curious to know; I have seen CIS there before which the reason why I asked. I would also like to give comodo so that malware so that they can analyze it. It's nice to see that they found some bugs. I would have liked to see the computer restarted.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
MRG will not releases there malware nor will they ever associate with Comodo. I know Chris and Sveta personally. Comodo and MRG have not been friends for about a year now. Comodo has a habit of banning anyone who shows security holes in CIS. Melih in his team think its the most perfect product.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
There is not reason to post it or even ask. MRG DOES NOT TEST SUITES. Please see all there other tests. All your doing is causing trouble.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Comodo knows about this stuff : http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/why-is-comodo-not-included-in-mrg-test-merged-t55743.0.html

You can also read this : http://forums.malwareresearchgroup.com/viewtopic.php?p=1395#p1395

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Dieselman said:
There is not reason to post it or even ask. MRG DOES NOT TEST SUITES. Please see all there other tests. All your doing is causing trouble.

In which way am I causing problem??? first of all I had no idea that comodo used their tools with permission and second of all I asked you nicely.

what jack posted is something new to me.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
My PM to Sveta. Need I say more.

Dieselman wrote:
Will you ever consider testing Comodo again? Or just too much bad blood?

Nah, don't think we will do any public testing with them at all. They are way too unprofessional.

I really don't feel one way or the other about them honestly, they made their bed and now they have to sleep in it.

We're about to publish a series of Banking tests and will appear in a dedicated TV program which will be broadcasted by one of the biggest TV networks in the world.

Oh, and CIS failed in all of our new Banking tests now that I think about it, they still fail on our old simulators, the ones they said they passed on

How is Avast treating you?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.