Defragment: Auslogics Disk Defrag

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
No, i just put all my important stuff in my pendrive, do I need to use backup software?

Would an idea because what happens if your computer suddenly goes pair shaped and you have to install Windows and all your favourite programs again?

What I do is I install Windows and all the programs that I want, i.e Microsoft Office, Adobe CS5 and what not then I take an image of that then, if my computer suddenly starts having problems I can get that disk image out and use that. Which is eaiser then installing everything over and over again.

DiabloBlack

Nov 5, 2011
Saving or backing up personal files is good but what McLovin is suggesting is a product to perform full system backups in the unfortunate event of a hard drive failure. Not only would your system be restored but all your files and programs that are already installed as well. :)

+1 on the config.

muhammadariif

Thread author
Aug 3, 2011
Maybe i should try one of the backup solution later, thanks for suggestion
@WinAndLinuxTutorials, for addons i use WOT and for non security i use wappalyzer, just for fun:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Secured config. You can add Comodo Cleaning Essentials as toolbox.

Make sure that CIS is configured to the highest settings as possible.

muhammadariif

Thread author
Aug 3, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Secured config. You can add Comodo Cleaning Essentials as toolbox.

Make sure that CIS is configured to the highest settings as possible.
Highest setting but how to?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
Highest setting but how to?

If you look here you will find out how to set Comodo Internet Security to it's highest settings.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
This guide was written for version 5.9, also known as 2012, of Comodo Internet Security (CIS). This guide will also work equally well for configuring Comodo Firewall, but the screenshots are from CIS By Chiron.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ranget said:
i will recommend adding a free antivirus or replacing MBAM with it

Why do you say that? because he is already using Comodo Internet Security which is free, and he is also using Malwarebytes Pro.

muhammadariif

Thread author
Aug 3, 2011
Yup i already have antivirus, no conflict when use CIS with MBAM Pro if i allow malware in CIS, MBAM will detect later, so i think this good combination :D, any program that will work along with CIS with no conflict?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
muhammadariif said:
Yup i already have antivirus, no conflict when use CIS with MBAM Pro if i allow malware in CIS, MBAM will detect later, so i think this good combination :D, any program that will work along with CIS with no conflict?

As far as I know they don't conflict, unless other people say they do?

muhammadariif

Thread author
Aug 3, 2011
maybe because MBAM Pro use high resources (memory) :shy:, and CSI continue with it less memory :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think because of how realtime protection perform however in the case of memory usage if anyone have a fine RAM then they must concern in CPU usage.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.