Multiple Chrome processes

mou_3

Thread author
Aug 27, 2017
I was browsing on the web using Chrome when I received a message in an AVG pop-up [I've got the free version installed in my machine] saying that a thread was removed -- I'm not sure of the exact wording, but it was something of this meaning. I carried on, but only a few moments later Chrome started operating much more slowly and pages started turning unresponsive. I opened the task manager and saw that there were 5 Chrome processes running, even though only one window was open, which IIRC was not the case in the past. I used AVG to scan the browser and no malware was detected. However, Chrome stills runs slower than it used to, Task Manager shows many Chrome processes running at the same time, while only one window is open, many webpages turn unresponsive and so do other programs [Windows Explorer included] which I may run, while CPU usage may reach even 50 % and Physical memory to almost 70% without really doing anything with my computer. It may be of some importance [it might not -- I am not very knowledgeable about this stuff, but post it in case it might be of help] that the total number of CPU Usage when adding the number of each individual process does not add up to the total given in the lowest part of the Task Manager window. If anyone could provide any help, it would be very much appreciated. I post attached the FRST and Addition txt files per the advice provided. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Addition_28-08-2017 07.00.44.txt
    61.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST_28-08-2017 07.00.44.txt
    72.8 KB · Views: 2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.