Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Boot loop stuck on logo, no loading dots
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
System restore, but no fix.
I decided to install Avast on my PC yesterday. That, however, caused the startup to get stuck on the DELL logo. Even after I uninstalled it using safe mode, it still won't boot. I tried system restore and it still didn't work. Sometimes I can't even get into Safe Mode.

I believe I had hit rock bottom. If not, I need a solution…

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Where do you post from a smartphone or another PC? If you have another PC you can try downloading WindowsPE or Linux disk image to USB etc.
If safe mode or reinstallation does not work, I guess that the disc in question may be physically broken.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I decided to install Avast on my PC yesterday. That, however, caused the startup to get stuck on the DELL logo. Even after I uninstalled it using safe mode, it still won't boot. I tried system restore and it still didn't work. Sometimes I can't even get into Safe Mode.

I believe I had hit rock bottom. If not, I need a solution…
You will need to create a bootable media with Microsofts media creation tool to try using start up repair through it, if this fails, open cmd via the portable installation and run a boot repair.

You will need to type this in cmd: bootrec /fixmbr

If you are unable to do either with the bootable copy, then it is likely the hard drive itself is failing or has failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Anti

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
You will need to create a bootable media with Microsofts media creation tool to try using start up repair through it, if this fails, open cmd via the portable installation and run a boot repair.

You will need to type this in cmd: bootrec /fixmbr

If you are unable to do either with the bootable copy, then it is likely the hard drive itself is failing or has failed.

I did it. Shows a blank screen.

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

Anti

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
You will have to be more specific about what you did, how far you got with it in terms of steps.

Did you boot from the media to a blank screen, or were you able to run any fixes first before hitting the blank screen, i will need details to try and help you.

I boot from the USB, after the loading dots it showed a blank screen.

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413
Upvote 0
I

illumination

I boot from the USB, after the loading dots it showed a blank screen.
What application did you use to burn the media to your flash drive, did you verify the image, did you make sure to change the boot order in BIOS to boot first from the USB?

This is the type of information step by step we would need in order to help you if it is possible from our end.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.