Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Boot loop stuck on logo, no loading dots
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
System restore, but no fix.
I decided to install Avast on my PC yesterday. That, however, caused the startup to get stuck on the DELL logo. Even after I uninstalled it using safe mode, it still won't boot. I tried system restore and it still didn't work. Sometimes I can't even get into Safe Mode.

I believe I had hit rock bottom. If not, I need a solution…

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

1) Is it your BIOS mode legacy or UEFI? If you still see a blank screen after booting to your bootable media, then I suspect your motherboard is the culprit here.

2) Do you have any dedicated graphics card installed at all and does your CPU have an iGPU at all? If your CPU has an iGPU, disconnect the dedicated graphics card and boot with the iGPU.

3) Does your motherboard show any Q code or any beep at all?

Upvote 0

Anti

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 17, 2017
1) Is it your BIOS mode legacy or UEFI? If you still see a blank screen after booting to your bootable media, then I suspect your motherboard is the culprit here.

2) Do you have any dedicated graphics card installed at all and does your CPU have an iGPU at all? If your CPU has an iGPU, disconnect the dedicated graphics card and boot with the iGPU.

3) Does your motherboard show any Q code or any beep at all?

>Legacy
>No iGPU
>Beeps, no Q code

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.