My configuration

D

Deleted member 178

UAC must be enabled, it can saves you if BD fails; a backup software is highly recommended

Reactions: Kitty84bebel

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
I would very recommend to add on-demand scanners. they can found a lot of viruses, spywares, warm and more who bitdefender missed.
my recommendation for an on-demand scanners is: malwarebytes' or Hitman Pro

Reactions: Kitty84bebel

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
kitty84bebel.
nice slim set up. as others suggest UAC and Backup option a must :)

Kitty84bebel

Thread author
Jan 17, 2014
Thank you all. What's the difference between on demand scan and the regular security app, like BitDefender?

D

Deleted member 178

firstly they are not real-time so you save resources and launch them when you need, secondly they are mostly designed to complement traditional AVs heuristic/signature methods with more sensitive/wider detection; thirdly some of them possesses more than one engine

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Like Umbra said UAC is a must.Some type of backup and an on demand scanner such as HitmanPro or Malwarebytes free

Thanks for sharing your Config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.