My Data Done Right launched

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Since the 25th of May 2018, new privacy rules entered into force in Europe. Based on these rules you have several rights that help you to get more control over your data. But these rights can only have an effect if people can easily exercise them in practice. That is why we have developed My Data Done Right, to make it easier for you to exercise your rights.

Generate and keep track of your requests
With My Data Done Right you can easily create an access, correction or removal request, or a request to transfer your data. You no longer have to search for the contact details in privacy statements. We have already collected this information for you on more than 1000 organisations. You also don't have to prepare the request yourself. Your request is automatically generated based on your input. You only have to send it yourself.

Cooperation across Europe
The launch is the starting point for the further development of My Data Done Right. Together with volunteers we want to continue expanding the database with organisations. Furthermore, we want to make My Data Done Right available for all people in the European Union. Together with other digital rights organisations and volunteers, we will work on versions of My Data Done Right for other countries across the European Union.

More info https://www.mydatadoneright.eu

Last edited:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I wanted to send a letter to WhatsApp (Facebook) a few months ago to get information about my data, but I didn't do it before because there was no template for it and I didn't know which address to send it to.

Now that this website has been created, I have printed two letters. One letter for my brother to get information about his data at Google and one for me for WhatsApp.

I know that I can request a copy of the data online, but it only contains a fraction of the data that Google and WhatsApp actually collect. That's why I want to learn a little more this way.

I'll be sending these letters in a few days. I'll let you know if I get an answer in a few weeks. Thanks for this great article @BryanB !

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.