My files are encrypted by some ransomware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimok

Thread author
May 14, 2021
Hello. I don't know how but my files were encrypted by someone. My files turned into .pcqq files. I tried to decrypt it by using tools and other solutions, but it still doesn't work. I used STOPDjvu to decrypt it but it said:

(Error: No key for New Variant online ID: YlsJIbYqesvO6zvbivJk8EDSvkxT9tVjuCMGW4hW
Notice: this ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible)

Does anyone have a solution?

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Hello Cimok

I am Karsten and will gladly help you with any malware-related problems.

Please familiarize yourself with the following ground rules before you start.
  • Read my instructions thoroughly, carry out each step in the given order.
  • Do not make any changes to your system, or run any tools other than those I provided. Do not delete, fix, uninstall, or install anything unless I tell you to.
  • If you are unsure about anything or if you encounter any problems, please stop and inform me about it.
  • Stick with me until I tell you that your computer is clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that your computer is free of malware.
  • Back up important files before we start.
  • Note: On weekends I might be slow to reply
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The file extension .pcqq has been used by STOP/DJVU ransomware. STOP/DJVU ransomware variants after August 2019 are only decryptable if an offline key was used. For variants with an online key you cannot decrypt files.

Your options without a backup:

1) Recovery: In rare cases ransomware fails to delete shadow volume copies or fails to delete the original files properly. You can try to recover files via shadow volume copies and file recovery software.
2) Repair: Certain file types, mainly video and audio files, can possibly be repaired with tools like MediaRepair. But these files will loose some data.
3) Wait: Backup encrypted files and a ransom note and wait in case a solution comes up later. Maybe law enforcement gets hands on the keys or the criminals publish the keys as it happened with, e.g., GandCrab. I suggest reading the news on this. Emsisoft will update their decrypter if that happens.
4) Pay: There is the option of paying the criminals, but we highly recommend against this step. You will just fund later attacks. You may also pay without getting your files back. These are criminals and as such not trustworthy.

Please let me know if you need assistance for any of the steps 1) or 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.