my friend's security setup[UPDATED]

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
RE: my friend's security setup

Good setup. A link scanner like Traffic light or AVg would do good. For beginers I recommend a paid solution.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011

I think if you use something like norton or comodo dns you don't really need panda or traffic light.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

There's no clear indication if it's Windows XP Sp1, 2 or 3.

So any software you may recommend may not work.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Earth said:
There's no clear indication if it's Windows XP Sp1, 2 or 3.

So any software you may recommend may not work.

True, I didn't think of that. Scap what I said and since you are advanced to help with removing peoples infections on the forum, I think that you can handle this.

D

Deleted member 178

By installing an HIPS on a beginner's machine, be sure he will call you soon to solve an issue...HIPS and specially D+ are not for beginners...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Combination were really good but a beginner needs to learn the function like from Comodo and even how to deal the pop ups.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012

jamescv7 said:
Combination were really good but a beginner needs to learn the function like from Comodo and even how to deal the pop ups.

Updated the config...removed: Comodo defense+ and firewall.

D

Deleted member 178

Good decision, being an WinXP user, he will need a good firewall, maybe you can try the new Zone Alarm combo on his computer ;)

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Good decision, being an WinXP user, he will need a good firewall, maybe you can try the new Zone Alarm combo on his computer ;)

i added comodo firewall without d+

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What about an Ad-Blocker for FF?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Another thing that you can add to Firefox is WOT and Ghostery.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.