My new PC Hardware Configuration

JurgNet

Thread author
Sep 11, 2011
CPU: Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.0 Ghz
CPU cooler: Stock
Motherboard: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz (2x4Gb)
HDD: Western Digital WD Green WD15EARS 7200rpm 1.5TB
Video card: Stock
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
Power supply: Corsair Builder Series CX600 600W
OS Win 8 Pro with WMC X64

Planning to add a SSD and a decent DDR5 GPU
to complete the setup ,since actually the money is tight .

Attachments

• Jurgnet.JPG
    Jurgnet.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 571
  • w1.JPG
    w1.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 476
  • w2.JPG
    w2.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 587
  • w3.JPG
    w3.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 571

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Very solid setup. What sort of money have you for the GPU? a HD 7850 would be a nice choice and offers very good performance for the price.

JurgNet

Thread author
Sep 11, 2011
Being an Intel CPU based system I was thinkin about at least a GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1gb ddr5 , Ati GPUs are more compatible with AMD based CPU Boards . I have spare 70-80 USD max at the moment

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
JurgNet said:
Being an Intel CPU based system I was thinkin about at least a GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1gb ddr5 , Ati GPUs are more compatible with AMD based CPU Boards . I have spare 70-80 USD max at the moment

What you say about ATI GPU being more compatible with AMD CPU moards is not true; this may become true once AMD utilizes HSA within next generations of APU and CPU (Streamroller will be the first step to HSA). HSA is the way AMD is choosing to make their cpu more attractive as well as commutative. HSA will also be opensource since Qualcomm and big companies will make nice use of this technology.

Before choosing the gpu I truly suggest you look what games you're planning to buy.

From rendering frame rate perspective Nvidia is better than AMD GPU and give the user better visual experience, but AMD are getting better through realizing how important the gpu market is for them due to good revenue.

By the way GDDR5 is not everything; the memory bandwidth is determined through how many memory-controllers the gpu has, the type of ram (if it's GDDR3/5, ddr3) and the frequency of the ram. But it's true that if you have a gpu that exists with GDDR3 and GDDR5, the GDDR5 is a better choice; GDDR5 doubles the bandwidth of gpu compared if the has GDDR3. I personally find 192bit and up is what you should look at.

AMD has 256bit gpu from 175$ which is not too expensive. it is rumored that AMD will release 7790 which will fill the gap between 7770 and 7850. If that happens then it might be cheaper and a great value gpu.

Adan Bailey

Oct 19, 2013
I also have the same specs with Core i5 3330. This is a good machine and your quote is fantastic to run the machine for long time. I am using window 7 and the results are awesome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.