BoraMurdar's New PC [?]

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well, this should be bought in the near future (was able to save some 500 euros)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor

Total: $690.79

First, you will asking, where's GPU?

Well, first of all, I don't have money :p and :( but want a strong and high quality computer that I can upgrade whenever I save more money.

i5 4670K has Intel HD 4600 that will serve my needs for now (I'm no gamer, but will become when time were right).
I wanted a strong quad core CPU and motherboard with z87 chipset for overclocking and mumbo-jumbo
and think there's no need for i7 4xxx(k), wanted Gigabyte's (I love Gigabyte) but wanted to save money as much as I can.

Second, why not AMD?

Well, there's APU's and FX's.
No AMD APU's can come close to quad core Intel, and FX's doesn't have integrated GPU.

Some combinations could come up with FX 6300 or FX 6350 or even 8 core FX's with some R7 260x or new R7 265, but I decided to buy i5 4670K which is stronger than any FX except maybe AMD FX-9370 or 9590 but again FX's doesn't have GPU integrated to work with until I buy a graphic card. And costs ~ or more than i5.
And when the time comes will buy Nvidia GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB from MSI.
Would love to pair Nvidia and Intel.

So, when I collect more will buy things in this order :
  • SSD (maybe Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB) for the C partition to fly
  • MSI GTX 750 Ti OC 1.06 GHz 2GB GDDR5
  • And another 8GB GSkill memory to enable dual-channel mode

I just wanted to share this and hear some opinions :)

I

illumination

Upon reading below the specs, i wouls say you have it covered, and would be good to go.. You can not go wrong with an i5 processor. I was a huge fan of AMD until i got my first intel i5 "the one im using currently", now i would not trade this i5 for any AMD.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Upon reading below the specs, i wouls say you have it covered, and would be good to go.. You can not go wrong with an i5 processor. I was a huge fan of AMD until i got my first intel i5 "the one im using currently", now i would not trade this i5 for any AMD.
Thank you illuminaton, I would love to hear about i5, since my good friend has i3 4340 and wasn't able to hear or see anything about i5's live.
Also, I think, new software and games in the future will be more optimized for a quad cores so I decided for the best i5 available...

I

illumination

Thank you illuminaton, I would love to hear about i5, since my good friend has i3 4340 and wasn't able to hear or see anything about i5's live.
Also, I think, new software and games in the future will be more optimized for a quad cores so I decided for the best i5 available...

Mine is in a laptop mind you, but it is a i5 3230m turbo to 3.2 GHz with intel HD 4000
I had a steam account for a while playing the game "Arctic Combat" which was somewhat like Call of Duty.. Graphics were fast paced. If i went into my power options, and chose performance, and did the same in the intel graphics properties, i could max out the settings on the game with no lag.. So it is possible to do some fun gaming with just the intel set up. As far as power using/multi tasking, i could not be happier, i have yet to bog down this processor, and i use a lot of heavy programs editing ect..

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
That's exactly same build as my future one. but I'll get more PSU like a 750W and R9 280X which is more powerful than the GTX 750. R9 280x in my country is 2800LE ~ 400$.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
That's exactly same build as my future one. but I'll get more PSU like a 750W and R9 280X which is more powerful than the GTX 750. R9 280x in my country is 2800LE ~ 400$.
Yep, but r9 280x is different world from GTX 750Ti, it's one of the high-end graphic cards :)
Don't have money for that

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

Ohh well, i have a little server at home with 4x i7 in it and 128GB of ram (And yes i do occasionally play a game on it which is like HELL No really? Damn scotty beam me up)
I am a BIG fan of AMD but i have to admit the i1/7 versions of Intel do rock. However i would like to point out that the i1/7 versions of Intel have a great FLAT speed, but AMD does top them in bursting speed.
In regards to the Intel G-card you will see significant capabilities due to the fact the i5 CPU will boost it a bit. Which is not bad considering that the Intel G-Cards are crap.
All in all nice play around set.

Cheers

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
Nice build BoraMurdar, I think you'll be able comfortably manage almost anything you throw at it. I just started using my new new build, I put 32GB RAM in it (coz I could :D) I've not seen it go above 2.5GB usage yet (but there's plenty of time for that, haha), and have idea how I would use it all.
i have a little server at home with 4x i7 in it and 128GB of ram
- This amazes me! I remember getting by on 128MB in XP, wow did it feel good to hit 1GB :)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Nice build BoraMurdar, I think you'll be able comfortably manage almost anything you throw at it. I just started using my new new build, I put 32GB RAM in it (coz I could :D) I've not seen it go above 2.5GB usage yet (but there's plenty of time for that, haha), and have idea how I would use it all.
- This amazes me! I remember getting by on 128MB in XP, wow did it feel good to hit 1GB :)

Well that is 4x i7 cores, did not mean to say 4x sockets (Lol that would have been magic.)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I'm here to know few more things,. I'm building a Desktop for my friend, I want to give him the best config at a best price, so i was checking ur thread for a long time, I have seen the cost of MSI MB in India, its Quiet high and its reaching out of our budget, do u know any other lower cost MB with Asus or MSI or any other which is good?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'm here to know few more things,. I'm building a Desktop for my friend, I want to give him the best config at a best price, so i was checking ur thread for a long time, I have seen the cost of MSI MB in India, its Quiet high and its reaching out of our budget, do u know any other lower cost MB with Asus or MSI or any other which is good?
Both are very good mobos. From my experience, Asus is overrated and MSI underrated outside ( and maybe inside) the Europe.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I really like your build. All that's needed is a powerful GPU and this system's ready to churn out constant high frame rates.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I really like your build. All that's needed is a powerful GPU and this system's ready to churn out constant high frame rates.
Need to save more money but now I am picking MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr and change the CPU for i5 4690 :) Also, to buy H97 chipset mobo, maybe from Gigabyte...
I don't plan to overclock.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.