Advice Request My opinion about MKS-Vir from Arcabit

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradPL

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
Hello!

I want to share about my feelings of using this IS.
I`am not any proffesional AV tester.

- MKS-Vir is using two engines (BD and their own)
- Resoursec usage is pretty good (Ram about 250-350MB, CPU and HDD is low and stable in the idle) When we do a full scan resources usage is ~500MB Ram, 20%-60% CPU and ~50% HDD. I don`t see any lags or slowdowns even when play games or serf on web.

- MKS-Vir have a one of the best Banking protection - Safe Browser is a separate module. Test by AVlab Test antywirusowych modułów do ochrony bankowości internetowej

Very clear to navigate, simple and I feel safer when using it for banking or shopping ;p
I think that it should be slightly improved from the usable side.(for example we can open only one tab in the same time)
At the same time, the browser will not allow it to open and execute the transfer if it detects a suspicious program running in the background. A program show`s popup with recommendation to be deactivated untrusted program or process. It also prevents changes in hosts files, keyloggers etc.

-A very interesting operation is by default disabled network activity of scripts.
They are often used by malware in emails, in MS Office or by ransomware.
Simple but effective

-Backup in real-time
A great solution is Safe Storage - It`s something like real-time backup.
It works so that it detects changes in files such as documents, photos or notes.
When you delete a file even in error, MKS immediately makes a copy of it that you can restore.
Making a copy will work even in a ransomware attack.
At any time, we can enter the Safe Storage resource and select files to restore them or delete those that we do not need.

-When we download something from the internet and the file will be digitally unsigned, we will be warned, we can decide whether to download the file or refuse.
My main browser is Firefox byt sometimes i`m using Edge and it works corretly in both

-Firewall
It is simple and clear. We cand decide to allow any outband connetion but no inbound.

More info about MKS from AVlab but only in polish language. Antywirus MKS_VIR wystarczy Ci na kolejne 500 lat

My personal impressions from use are:

The program has a clear interface, it is easy to use. And I think it offers protection at an elevated level. I have been using it for a long time and nothing has fallen into the system.
My system works fast and stable. I had no issues

If someone wants it, I am asking for testing MKS-Vir in the malware hub.
I am very curious to see how he could handle MT tests

I will be grateful for the tests, it's possible that someone will be interested in it :)

Reactions: roger_m
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.