My PC Always Faster without Windows firewall and Defender. Sooo I think this might be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plat1098

It is, what it is... McAfee is faster for me, much faster, in every way.

That's cool. The thing about McAfee is that anyone who posts seems obliged to say "I use McAfee. LET ME EXPLAIN." Performance impacts/resource consumption issues are still underrated--do we think these are as important as protection? Are you thinking about supplementing McAfee with a standalone or two?

@TairikuOkami makes a great point. about uninstalling McAfee products. My machine shipped blissfully free of McAfee and Lenovo bloatware; otherwise it's a job from Hades, believe me.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
READ first post again please....I have a base Image I work from in 2 minutes McAfee is gone if I want it to be.
You're fine, because you know what you are doing. It's a heads-up to others.

Reactions: GonzitoVir

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Yes tried that too, and McAfee still on top....
oh really? I'm glad to hear that.
I used McAfee around 5 or so years ago and it wasn't that heavy either BUT what I didn't like was that there were no updates on sundays! seems like McAfee staff had that day off or something . It also didn't catch many zero-day viruses (that other AV products did) and so I was manually submitting samples for their consideration.

I should probably test how it is doing nowadays regarding not only system impact but also protection/detection rate.
I'm currently using Dr.Web and Zemana Antilogger. So far, so good.

Cheers!

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
McAfee has a lot of catching up to do. RIght now it's a weak protection suite. Maybe the new owners will be able to restore it to its former leading position...

Reactions: GonzitoVir

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
oh really? I'm glad to hear that.
I used McAfee around 5 or so years ago and it wasn't that heavy either BUT what I didn't like was that there were no updates on sundays! seems like McAfee staff had that day off or something . It also didn't catch many zero-day viruses (that other AV products did) and so I was manually submitting samples for their consideration.

I should probably test how it is doing nowadays regarding not only system impact but also protection/detection rate.
I'm currently using Dr.Web and Zemana Antilogger. So far, so good.

Cheers!

Everyone at McAfee goes to temple on Sunday....No one home come back tomorrow.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
McAfee has a lot of catching up to do. RIght now it's a weak protection suite. Maybe the new owners will be able to restore it to its former leading position...

Several videos over the last 6 months show them doing very well. Just do search on You tube

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I have EAM, HMPA, Adguard, WFC, ZAL on start-up, no issue at all.
4-6sec boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.