My resolution in 2020

Nevi

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
@Nevi

If you intend to pick up the Audeze LCD-X I would suggest you take a good look at the HiFiMan Ayra which is slightly more expensive.

On the net and youtube the HiFiMan Ayra beats the LCD-X in all round performance except for very strong bass with great punch and slam which the latter excels. If you do only enjoy such strong-bass music then go for the LCD-X otherwise you'll need to EQ it to bring it to almost on par with the HiFiMan Ayra

For OTG use I do have the SONY 1000XM3 BT headphone
I have tried to A-B those two, and I like the Audeze the most. But it was a very close match. :)

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
A small update, a little base for the laptop :rolleyes:
20200930_155016856_iOS.jpg
20200930_155003033_iOS.jpg
20200930_154948569_iOS.jpg

HarborFront

Level 61
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just bought the AEGO3 Sub-Sat system for my desk in my small room. It comes with a subwoofer and 2 tiny palm-sized satellite speakers

No hissing sound when power on, volume at full and not playing music

Description here (bought in my own country)

Review here

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 61
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok wrapping up my 2020 resolution as in post #1

1) Personal Front

Completed the cataract operations for my 2 eyes and now onto jogging exercise. This is the best in my resolution list.

2) Bought the LG GRAM 17 laptop

3) Bought the ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) WiFi 6 router

4) Health Watch - None meet my requirements on the health front. Even though there's Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 released in my country, but it still lacks of ECG and BP monitor although these features are available in South Korea

5) 5G and Smartphone - 5G still not covering island wide so postpone to next year

In addition, I have bought the followings

- LG 49-inch Ultrawide Monitor
- White Office Desk, Extended Table, Shelf, TV Bench, a small carpet from IKEA and some fake plants
- Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- Multi-device Mouse/KB combo from LOGITECH and RAZER
- 2.1 Channel Acoustic Energy Speakers for desktop
- Zen DAC/Zen CAN/Zen BLUE from iFi
- LOGITECH BRIO 4K webcam
- Xiaomi Monitor Lamp
- Android TV Box
- 6-In/2-Out Optical Switch
- 6-In/2-Out RCA Switch
- ERGOEDGE Freedom Monitor Arm - Double
- Open-Back headphones by HiFiMan (HGE5se)/GRADO (GW100 Bluetooth)/BYERDYNAMIC (DT990 Edition 600 Ohm)

and, lastly, converted the smallest room for office/leisure use

Looking forward to my resolution in 2021/2022

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Might put a new board in and an upgraded Ryzen from my 3, although I'm not a gamer & really can't think of a good reason & have 32 GIG Vendange RAM so??? - Get out more & try to do at least one post on here without having to edit it - Basic desk in dining room.

Attachments

• Desk.jpg
    Desk.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119