Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK let's start with tech devices

1) 5G and Smartphones

5G still not available in my country yet probably mid to third quarter will launch. Even then it won't be countrywide for starter. So no need to buy 5G smartphones for now I have the following 4G phones

a) Samsung Galaxy Fold - SD855 with 12GB RAM and 512GB storage 4380mAh battery
b) Asus ROG Phone 2 - SD855+ with 12GB RAM and 512GB storage
c) Huawei Mate 20X - Kirin 980 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. Still a very fast set.

Will give the current/upcoming processors (Kirin 990/SD865) a skip and instead to focus on newer upcoming SD875 and Kirin 1000(or 1020) likely to debut third quarter this year

2) Laptop

Still waiting for my dream 15inch 16GB RAM 512GB storage touchscreen OLED Icelake CPU Core i7 laptop with 10 hrs or more battery life and less than 2Kg in weight.

My MS SP4 just died on WiFi recently and the screen almost peeled off from its base. Can see the electronic components inside. My MS SP3 is even older.

So far only business laptops like the MS Surface Laptop 3 and DELL Latitude 9510 (2-in-1) nears my expectations. Too bad MS Surface Laptop 3 comes with only 1xUSB-A and 1xUSB-C (no TB) ports and battery life is up to about 9 hrs. The DELL Latitude 9510 (2-in-1) has a battery life of up to 30 hrs but only in FHD resolution. It comes with a plethora of ports (USB-C with TB, HDMI etc). Both are Icelake Core i7, touchscreen and weighs less than 2Kg. The MS Surface Laptop 3 is available now for purchase whilst the Dell Latitude will be available coming March.

I'll wait for next week CES 2020 to see other available options

3) WiFi 6 (or 6E) Router

According to the last October test report below

Many WiFi 6 routers still have key features (OFDMA, AX MU-MIMO, Target Wake Time (TWT)) not enabled. Don't be taken in by what's being printed on the box for missing features will come later through firmware update.

Hmmmm......... WiFi 6E running on 6GHz bandwidth ....... something to reconsider here

Guess just have to wait a bit longer

4) Health Watch

Not so much on smartness or fitness but on health features as my age catches up. Targeted are

a) Asus Vivowatch SP
b) Pollix Watch (still on Indiegogo crowd funding)
c) Microwear SG2 (comes with less of the below features)

Basically, they come with the following features

ECG
PPG
SpO2
Blood Pressure
Heart Rate
Atrial Fibrillation
HRV(Heart Rate Variability)
Sleep Apnea
Fatigue
Meditation
Stress
.....and other fitness and smart features

5) Personal Front

Will be going for cataract operations for both my eyes. Starting later this month and, hopefully, can complete by March.

Also, hopefully, can jog again after injured my both knees since last November. Target date to restart jogging is mid February

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
OK let's start with tech devices

1) 5G and Smartphones

5G still not available in my country yet probably mid to third quarter will launch. Even then it won't be countrywide for starter. So no need to buy 5G smartphones for now I have the following 4G phones

a) Samsung Galaxy Fold - SD855 with 12GB RAM and 512GB storage 4380mAh battery
b) Asus ROG Phone 2 - SD855+ with 12GB RAM and 512GB storage
c) Huawei Mate 20X - Kirin 980 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. Still a very fast set.

Will give the current/upcoming processors (Kirin 990/SD865) a skip and instead to focus on newer upcoming SD875 and Kirin 1000(or 1020) likely to debut third quarter this year

2) Laptop

Still waiting for my dream 15inch 16GB RAM 512GB storage touchscreen OLED Icelake CPU Core i7 laptop with 10 hrs or more battery life and less than 2Kg in weight.

My MS SP4 just died on WiFi recently and the screen almost peeled off from its base. Can see the electronic components inside. My MS SP3 is even older.

So far only business laptops like the MS Surface Laptop 3 and DELL Latitude 9510 (2-in-1) nears my expectations. Too bad MS Surface Laptop 3 comes with only 1xUSB-A and 1xUSB-C (no TB) ports and battery life is up to about 9 hrs. The DELL Latitude 9510 (2-in-1) has a battery life of up to 30 hrs but only in FHD resolution. It comes with a plethora of ports (USB-C with TB, HDMI etc). Both are Icelake Core i7, touchscreen and weighs less than 2Kg. The MS Surface Laptop 3 is available now for purchase whilst the Dell Latitude will be available coming March.

I'll wait for next week CES 2020 to see other available options

3) WiFi 6 (or 6E) Router

According to the last October test report below

Many WiFi 6 routers still have key features (OFDMA, AX MU-MIMO, Target Wake Time (TWT)) not enabled. Don't be taken in by what's being printed on the box for missing features will come later through firmware update.

Hmmmm......... WiFi 6E running on 6GHz bandwidth ....... something to reconsider here

Guess just have to wait a bit longer

4) Health Watch

Not so much on smartness or fitness but on health features as my age catches up. Targeted are

a) Asus Vivowatch SP
b) Pollix Watch (still on Indiegogo crowd funding)
c) Microwear SG2 (comes with less of the below features)

Basically, they come with the following features

ECG
PPG
SpO2
Blood Pressure
Heart Rate
Atrial Fibrillation
HRV(Heart Rate Variability)
Sleep Apnea
Fatigue
Meditation
Stress
.....and other fitness and smart features

5) Personal Front

Will be going for cataract operations for both my eyes. Starting later this month and, hopefully, can complete by March.

Also, hopefully, can jog again after injured my both knees since last last November. Target date to restart jogging is mid February
Good luck with the jogging! I love running and every time I’m injured it is pure agony waiting to get back to it.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
1. Phones are getting stupid expensive, mine is 2 years old, no need to update for another 2 years or so.

2. I don't use laptops.

3. I just use my providers router.

4. I think personal health devices are just a fad and would never use one.

5. Drink as much beer as possible.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Withings ScanWatch Launched at CES 2020

First Hybrid Smartwatch That Can Detect Sleep Apnea, Atrial Fibrillation

Withings ScanWatch is yet to receive CE and FDA clearance for its proposed medical capabilities.

CES 2020: Withings ScanWatch Launched, First Hybrid Smartwatch That Can Detect Sleep Apnea, Atrial Fibrillation. Withings ScanWatch hybrid smartwatch offers 24*7 heart rate monitoring facility

HIGHLIGHTS
Withings ScanWatch comes in 38mm and 42mm variants
It comes equipped with a multi-wavelength PPG heart sensor
Withings ScanWatch packs a SpO2 sensor to detect sleep apnea

Withings at CES 2020 launched its latest hybrid smartwatch - the ScanWatch. The Withings ScanWatch is claimed to be the world's first clinically validated hybrid smartwatch to detect risks of arrhythmia (AFib) and sleep apnoea (aka sleep apnea). But despite packing the necessary hardware and delivering on its promise, the Withings ScanWatch is currently awaiting CE approval in Europe and FDA clearance in USA before it can be marketed with the aforementioned capabilities. As for its hardware, the Withings ScanWatch packs a round PMOLED display and pairs via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) standard.

The Withings ScanWatch comes equipped with a SpO2 sensor to detect oxygen saturation level and help in sleep apnoea detection. It also features a multi-wavelength PPG heart sensor to take heart rate and rhythm measurements, helping users find if they suffer from arrhythmia (or Atrial Fibrillation) and take the necessary steps in time. There are three electrodes on the new Withings hybrid smartwatch, which allow users to record an electrocardiogram so that they can detect any abnormal heart rate conditions. It also offers Fitness Level assessments via VO2 Max, which measures the heart and muscle ability to convert oxygen into energy during physical exercise.

Talking about the specifications, the Withings ScanWatch features a PMOLED screen at the top of the round dial, and it will display notifications as well as activity metrics. It is water-resistant up to a depth of 50 metres and is claimed to last 30 days on a single charge. The Withings offering's health-centric features include the ability to track heart rate, sleep, oxygen saturation, and general activity among others, and can help measure electrocardiogram too. There is a dedicated workout mode as well for cycling, swimming, and running among a total of 30 activities.

It is compatible with iOS (iOS 12 or a newer version) and Android phones (Android 8 or later), and pairs via the Health Mate app. Withings' new hybrid smartwatch is made out of 316L stainless steel case and has a sapphire glass watch face. As for the pricing, the Withings ScanWatch's 38mm variant is priced $249.95, while the 42mm model will set buyers back by $299.95. Details about market availability date are you to be revealed, but if Withings manages to get the necessary approvals, the ScanWatch will hit the shelves in Europe and the US soon.

Video here

Homepage

The only downside to this watch is it uses an analog display instead of colorful digital display. Anyway I'm adding this to my Health Watch list

:D

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront Why do you have 3 phones (for work, wife and mistress?)
You got ask@Umbra why he has 4 handphones? See below for answers

Samsung Galaxy Fold - Large phone to watch movies
Asus ROG phone 2 - Gaming phone
Huawei Mate 20X - General usage

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My resolution⛔
2018-No smoking❌
2019-No smoking❌
2020-....Slightly no smoking(-。-)y-゜゜゜;)
- So consider this:
What we know about vaping-related lung illness
Health officials have identified a 'very strong culprit.'

Mary Jo DiLonardo by Mary Jo DiLonardo
January 24, 2020

Federal health officials think they know what's causing a mysterious vaping-related lung illness that has sickened more than 2,200 people and caused dozens of deaths.

Vitamin E acetate, an additive sometimes used in THC and other vaping products, is the mostly likely reason for the devastating illness, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said.
At a news briefing in early November, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC, identified vitamin E acetate as a "very strong culprit." The report was based on fluid samples taken from the lungs of 29 patients with the disease... However, the agency says there still could be other reasons for the illness.
"This does not rule out other possible ingredients,"
As of Jan. 14, 2,668 hospitalized cases have been reported to the CDC in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. At least 60 people have now died from the illness.
They've also given it a name, though not one that rolls off the tongue: EVALI, which stands for e-cigarette, or vaping, product use associated lung injury.
More than half of the people who have become sick are under the age of 25, with 16% younger than 18. More than three-fourths of the patients are male.
The agencies have been investigating the exact cause and whether the illnesses are linked to specific devices, ingredients or contaminants.
"I'd like to stress how challenging this situation is, as patients may have been exposed to a variety of products and substances, may not know the contents or sources of these products, and in some instances may be reluctant or too ill to fully disclose all the details of interest," CDC Principal Deputy Director Dr. Anne Schuchat said in an earlier call to the media.
- read MORE on mnn.com : What we know about vaping-related lung illness

TRUTH_394x394 enh.jpg...The-Lord-will-fight-for-you-twitter-enh 480x480.jpgJesus saves! Jesus Is Lord twitter banner enh 1080x360.jpg

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Show-zi,
cigarettes is not like butter, but are drug.

- read on drugabuse.gov: Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products
"Although nicotine is addictive, most of the severe health effects of tobacco use comes from other chemicals. Tobacco smoking can lead to lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. It increases the risk of heart disease, which can lead to stroke or heart attack. Smoking has also been linked to other cancers, leukemia, cataracts, Type 2 Diabetes, and pneumonia. All of these risks apply to use of any smoked product, including hookah tobacco. Smokeless tobacco increases the risk of cancer, especially mouth cancers."
-read MORE

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
My peeled-off 12.3 inch MS SP4 and my newly purchased 17 inch LG GRAM 10th Gen Icelake with 16 GB RAM and 1TB SSD

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_101036.jpg
    IMG_20200314_101036.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20200314_101128.jpg
    IMG_20200314_101128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20200316_144901.jpg
    IMG_20200316_144901.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 336
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.