Well-known
Nov 25, 2012
My computer has this configuration.
Sorry I cant speak English well.

Reactions: KokoKid
L

LabZero

Good Setup.
Replace Adblock with uBlock Origin (lighter on system resources).
If you visit phishing sites or download malware you need a virtualized environment to safeguard the OS and the personal information it contains, so you should add Sandboxie, Shadow Defender (paid) or, better, a virtual machine like VirtualBox.
As suggested, consider a backup and recovery plan using Paragon B&R free or other apps of your choice.
Thanks for sharing.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I agree with each practical advisement already shared!:):) To more easily create backup images of your system, an external hard drive (hdd) may be something you can consider as I shall too.;)

Download (preferably) directly from software developers to avoid altered software with addware or PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).

On our Windows 7 SP 1 we use the free version WinPatrol. WinPatrol Downloads Page
First, you may view this very illustrative review posted by MalwareTips' @cruelsister:
A popular password manager I recommend, & learned of from an MT Staff member, is LastPass www.lastpass.com which uses AES (advanced encryption security). It my favorite extension, and has helped make my family's online lives both safer and more convenient.:D
On their site <click> "Download Free".;)

PS Thank you for sharing your configuration. Your English reads very well, & shall only improve with practiced confidence!:):)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For visiting phishing sites, upon testing hence you need fake generator identity which many websites provode for educational purpose.

Add a backup browser just in case of possible problems with same extension.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Use a VM if you play with malwares or visit infectious sites

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.