Troubleshoot My Shadow Defender problem fixing list

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
So, I decided to start a whole new thread for this. Enjoy!!!!!

Install Marcrium Reflect free and make a complete disk image onto a USB stick.

Dissable fast startup: Doesn't come out of shadow Mode on restart.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power]
"HiberbootEnabled"=dword:00000000

GUI wont start:

start a command prompt as an administrator then type the following command and press Enter:
reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\diskpt /v Control /t REG_DWORD /d 268435456 /f
Reboot and try again.

BSOD:

Some research (googling, actually) let me to suspect that the retained shadows of the drive were somehow corrupt, so I simply deleted them (vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all). Since then, there have been no errors reported, new shadow snapshots were created and everything else is working OK.

Drive Z: Error:

In SD's admin section, (administration) Click More Details. Where it says Others, change that from 200 to 1

Check for drive errors on reboot coming out of Shadow mode:

Here on my system, Win 11 Enterprise, I tried all the check disk options along with all the great check disk third party Apps along with the HD manufacture software. None of that worked and so I can only run using RAM.
RAM used as write cache on my system is set to 1000

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.