With reference to comparison between Brave and Ungoogled Chromium (Eloston) from below
Below is my feedback in using the browsers and with the use of Adguard for desktop. Kindly feedback if there’s any errors and share your experience Notes Brave and UC are Chromium-based whereas FF is from Mozilla. There are many comparisons between them on the net like the platforms they...
- When WDAG is enabled one can run MS Edge in a protected, isolated container without an extension. WDAG extension needed in other browsers and opens in MS Edge
- MS Edge (like Brave) runs faster than UG
- Like Brave it has built-in protections against trackers
- It has built-in MS Defender SmartScreen and can block PUAs which Brave lacks
- It allows the addition of extensions from other stores eg. Chrome Web Store
- Like Brave it updates faster than UG
- You can prevent MS Edge calling back home by modifying the hosts file, but some MS app/Edge-related features may not work properly unless exclusions are properly done in the hosts file. You can also prevent auto update of MS Edge using manual update by modifying the hosts file mentioned and manually install extensions with crx file thus giving better privacy.
- Supports HTTPS mode
- Adguard for desktop works with MS Edge
- It has no built-in ads and fingerprint protections as compared to Brave
- It does not support extension from store like github e.g. Translate Web Pages extension not supported