Nox06's Config

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hello.
I recommend you to install Hitman Pro and Emsisoft Emergency Scan Kit. In fact, without those two in your PC, you're most likely to be infected again.
Then, you can install the following add-ons in your browser.
Lastpass.
HTPS Everywhere.
PrivacyBadger.

If you do not know the basics of computer science, you should browse the "Tips, Guides and How-To" section.
Again, if you want to be fully protected, you should install ESET Smart Security 7 instead, BETAs aren't good.
You should also try TinyWall. (Firewall, it beats ESET's Firewall and is user-friendly)
I also recommend you Rollback RX (if you've got the money).
If not, I recommend you AOMEI (haven't tried personally, looks shady but good)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Good configuration, but I have some suggestions..
If you're not an ESET beta tester, I'd suggest reverting to a stable release..
Then you should add at least one more on-demand scanner and a privacy addon..
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: silversurfer

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Is your Windows copy pirated ?
Why do you run the Ultimate version of Windows 7 ?
Do you use the extra features Ultimate provides ?
What was your last known malware infection ?
Malwarebytes*, not "Antimalwarebytes".
I suggest you to add some plugins Null mentionned, and on top of that, add also NoScript and Web of Trust (WOT) just in case.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks Good !! I like the suggestion of LastPass & Https Everywhere.I would suggest some privacy programs such as CCleaner or Privazer,both are free if you dont have one or the other already installed.A backup solution if you do not already have one.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET is a solid product. They offer additional services for Facebook and Twitter, as well as Anti-Theft. https://my.eset.com

I've read ESET has good PUP detection, so I advise to enable that. Or you could use Unchecky to prevent PUP/Toolbars from being installed. http://unchecky.com

Make sure you update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware every week before doing a scan.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
ESET is a solid product. They offer additional services for Facebook and Twitter, as well as Anti-Theft. https://my.eset.com

I've read ESET has good PUP detection, so I advise to enable that. Or you could use Unchecky to prevent PUP/Toolbars from being installed. http://unchecky.com

Make sure you update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware every week before doing a scan.
I recommend updating every day actually.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why would you scan with Malwarebytes every day? Once a week or few times a month is good enough.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OP has listed Malwarebytes under On-Demand Scanners, which usually refers to not running in real-time. ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why would you update Malwarebytes if you weren't going to perform a scan?
(What's the purpose of buying a car, then never driving it?)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Why would you update Malwarebytes if you weren't going to perform a scan?
(What's the purpose of buying a car, then never driving it?)

Just saw your comment on Malwarebytes. Was just saying that you were saying something and Null was saying another, that's all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.