Advice Request My starting screen picture is still the same

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Windows 10 pro, I have this issue on 2 PC.
I just noticed that the picture of my starting screen never change since several weeks ?
I verified the parameters and they seem OK:
1Capture.PNG

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Windows Spotlight on W10 has a history of breaking due to Windows Updates, etc. I used to be able to fix it using one of the several methods advised on many sites but since it broke about a month ago I haven't been able to.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I found a few months ago that some start screens also have duplicates hidden, not just in Windows/web or pictures etc - This site explains where they are:
Ten Forums - I would certainly backup up before altering anything, worked for me that was in Windows 10, look at post 10, it's an old thread but nothing changed.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Select either 'Windows Spotlight' or 'Slideshow' in Background options. Selecting 'Picture' (or 'Image' in your screenshot) will keep the same lockscreen everyday.
View attachment 262718

Windows Spotlight on W10 has a history of breaking due to Windows Updates, etc. I used to be able to fix it using one of the several methods advised on many sites but since it broke about a month ago I haven't been able to.
Yes @brambedkar59 the parameter change automatically when I select an other then "picture".
So I think that my "Windows spotlight" is broken like your @oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
What happens if I change the setting to Spotlight and restart immediately or log in again?
Changing to Picture or Slideshow, restart, change back to Windows Spotlight, restart and 🙏🙏 while waiting a few days to give the OS the time it needs to reset. The last part did it for me.

Or try one of these methods:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.