New Update Nano Adblocker with Nano Defender

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Nano Adblocker. It's uBlock Origin + a few more tricks to better integrate with Nano Defender. Nano Adblocker also has more up to date lists (anti-mining), faster update cycle, configured for privacy out of the box. I would say if you use Nano Defender (and you really should), definitely use Nano Adblocker. If you don't, stick with uBlock Origin.
Thanks

I have uBlock Origin + Nano Defender. I'll wait for a few more releases of Nano Adblocker before switching over

:)

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
Nano Adblocker.
It's uBlock Origin + a few more tricks to better integrate with Nano Defender.
Nano Adblocker also has more up to date lists (anti-mining), faster update cycle, configured for privacy out of the box.
I would say if you use Nano Defender (and you really should), definitely use Nano Adblocker.
Therefore, I switched to Nano Adblocker. (y)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Nano Defender - TEST websites:

Here you have more anti-adblock links, from this page on github.com: Issues · reek/anti-adblock-killer · GitHub - 57 pages of links with anti-adblock!

From the first page of this link, I've found these websites with anti-adblock - tested here on Nightly (=Firefox) and CENT (=Chrome fork):

mangahost.cc: Mangá Host - Leitor online em português. - "Por Favor Desative Seu..." - not overlay on Nightly, but on CENT - like on dir50.net...
yalujailbreak.net: Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10/10.1.1/10.2 ⋆ Downloads ⋆ Tutorials - "Welcome!..." - not overlay... but on CENT - like on dir50.net...
dir50.net: Download Unavisitaa Don Otavio Sybille Bedford rar - "Hey! .." - not overlay... but on CENT, I have:
"This site can’t provide a secure connection
dir50.net uses an unsupported protocol. ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

dvbtmap.eu: Interactive DVB-T map - "Warning - adblock detected! ..." - not overlay...
ally.sh: Ally | Earn money by sharing short links :: superonleech.biz - "Please disable adblocker..." - not overlay
imgrock.info: http://imgrock.info/8gp5gbLEJRUTGxNcdEA4Ku_J4PR8RT4WLQ.php - redirect to http://imgrock.info/000000000000 with many 0... - "One More step ...for CAPTCHA..." - so no anti-adblock on CENT (with your other anti-script and ad blocker extensions disabled or enabled..) - I have anti-adblock text on Nightly... it's NOT overlay, nor .gif.

Found too redcoolmedia.net: Movie maker MovieStudio online - "Important Note ..." overlay
... and pelcro.com: Pelcro - nice little pop-up on Nightly, but on CENT no pop-up! - not overlay...

So at your tests of Nano Defender actions...

Reactions: harlan4096

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I tried this extension with exact same settings as ublock by creating ublock backup and restore in nano adblocker
under the same stress test with 23 websites opened at the same time, nano seems to use more RAM and slightly more CPU than ublock
the compiling speed when a filter is added is quite slow
I will stick to ublock + nanodefender, for now

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes sorry, I got it wrong, I thought about ublock or Nano Adblocker haha
- cause nano defender doesn't have filters, I can't see this cause my Chromium forks are below version 59 so I'm not able to download Nano Defender, but Nano Adblocker only

-------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS:
Trump: Pray For Sophia Maria Campa-Peters
: posted in Latest Amazing World News here: Latest Amazing World News

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My new tool (on Chrome/chromium forks...) to destroy anti-adblock windows (and all imaginable targets on the webpage) - is DOM Destroyer.
Chrome Web Store link: DOM Destroyer

gAFCMpahsXRfVEtRY4-e7NRNdw6128S3IxpSsg3gHk9tfAJMyG97KXXmQ-b8bKKrXYwRm25-rdc=w26-h26-e365

DOM Destroyer
offered by Phil Schleihauf
Version: 0.1
Updated: February 25, 2014
Size: 11.58KiB
It works very well!
Destroy DOM Nodes.
Memory footprint non-existent.

Phil Schleihauf description:
"Remove stuff from websites like say an annoying sticky header, with two clicks.
Just click the red target icon to activate. Elements will highlight as you hover, and be deleted completely when you click on them.
Hitting the esc key gets you out of destroy mode, and if you want something back just refresh the page."

- So first click icon, then put the mouse on the element to destroy (this element will highlight in red) - then left click, and this element disappears from webpage. If that's all you need to destroy, then refresh this page.
That's all... quite all:

If you wish to navigate on that page cleaned by DOM Destroyer, first you must remove modal (red highlighting) - it's easily done (one click only) by another extension I use too, here:
Chrome Web Store link: Modal Remover

f69vh-UrmEFt3SXBfBg0ExRohPKyfOB0a99P3PejkR0vGlOtaMJERpekVsKvbFxBTzeoGMAXEA=w26-h26-e365

Modal Remover

offered by thomas.lutzeyer

Version: 0.0.2
Updated: October 11, 2016
Size: 14.55KiB
Memory footprint non-existent.

"Removes annoying, screen-blocking modals that force users to sign up, disable ad-block or join a newsletter.
Click the plug-in icon on the top right of your browser to remove any kind of view-blocking modal. If the modal didn't, or only partially, disappear, try clicking it"...and another click...voilà.

- two websites with anti-adblock modals (overlays) to test for you:
immediatemedia.co.uk: Immediate Media Co – the special interest content and platform company
redcoolmedia.net: Movie maker MovieStudio online
BehindTheOverlay extension works very nice too!

-------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS:
Sophia Campa-Peters Is Out of Surgery & Doing Well
: posted in Latest Amazing World News - Page 2 here: Latest Amazing World News

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Besides easy Nano Defender integration and additional blocklists, Nano Adblocker has a much more advanced own rules editor t(My Filter tab). When you are laerning to write own rules/maintaining a blocklist it is much easier to work with (shows errors, see picture)

upload_2018-1-27_10-5-15.png

Typo iNage is red (should be iMage)

I don't use Nano Defender or Nano's own blocklist, but the editor helped me to create generic rules (I looked at Blockzilla list)

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Besides easy Nano Defender integration and additional blocklists, Nano Adblocker has a much more advanced own rules editor t(My Filter tab). When you are laerning to write own rules/maintaining a blocklist it is much easier to work with (shows errors, see picture)

View attachment 178800

Typo iNage is red (should be iMage)

I don't use Nano Defender or Nano's own blocklist, but the editor helped me to create generic rules (I looked at Blockzilla list)
Why don't you just use Blockzilla?

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Why don't you just use Blockzilla?
I cherry picked rules from Blockzilla, uBlock and Nano filters and copy this My Filter ruleset across PC's and adblockers/browsers (e.g. on my Windows 10 home Asus Transformer I use Edge with Adguard besides Chromium).

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
This website (from github.com list page 2) has an anti-adblock red pop-up very sticky (it's not overlay): foodnetwork.com: Home
On Chrome, with my all anti-script extensions, I don't see this ani-adblock pop-up, but on Firefox/Nightly - yes!

"We hate pop-ups too. That’s why... TURN OFF ADBLOCKER For FoodNetwork.com"

The only way out to me - is to block third-party scripts, or all scripts (with Policy Control or YesScript2 here).

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Or use a less aggressive blocklist? IMO Adguard's simple DNS blocklist or Avast Online Security tend to trigger less anti-adblock walls and break few websites. But then you would miss out all the redirect protection stuff you have installed.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Here you have three test websites to check:

This foodnetwork.com: Home - Overlay pop-up + red antiblock pop-up: "We hate pop-ups too. That’s why... TURN OFF ADBLOCKER" - which is removed easily by block third-party scripts (eg. in Policy Control...). - and overlay: with BehindTheOverlay.

antiblock.org: Antiblock.org - Script-Download - very sticky, this .png, I've been not able to remove it...

howtoremoveadblock.com: hxxp://howtoremoveadblock.com/ - On Firefox/Nightly "You cann't see this page..." it's an overlay, but the video window is black, if you remove overlay... then if you disable your adblocker or script-blocker, you get, after click on video window, redirected to an "virus", (eg. fake scan page..) - so beware!
- on Chrome I have no overlay and no redirect with this website...- cause these are blocked here by: Content-aware Ad Blocker, ZenMate Web Firewall, Policy Control and Skip Redirect.

- I have Redirect Control (on Firefo/Nightly), the best defender!

Thank you! beware

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Or use a less aggressive blocklist? IMO Adguard's simple DNS blocklist or Avast Online Security tend to trigger less anti-adblock walls and break few websites. But then you would miss out all the redirect protection stuff you have installed.
Windows_Security - the best redirect control is Redirect Control, Firefox add-on... and on Chrome: Skip Redirect ext.

Reactions: oldschool

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.