Advice Request Nano-antivirus

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Are you still using the free version of nano?
If so, does it has any kind of bb/monitoring feature or ability to whitelist/default deny

I just switched to chrome, to translate to have deeper insight
I don't have it installed right now. I heard from others that the BB doesn't do very much, and AFAIK it does not have ability for whitelist/default deny.

I am sure you will disagree, and perhaps write an even longer post to explain why, but I do think we need to send Nano to the Malware Hub and see how it compares to other AVs, since you question the previously mentioned tester's results.
Yes, it is unrealistic to expect a certain AV to detect everything, but it is still realistic to expect it to detect as much as the next product does. Otherwise, why should I use it?

Bitdefender and Kasperksy miss 4+ day old malware. So doing as well as Bitdefender and Kaspersky on the basis of signature detection alone doesn't mean anything.

I mean yahoo testers will scan a large size malware archive and almost invariably at least a few files are not detected during the scan. Showing that the number of false negatives is statistically significant - now that is what matters. That takes a lot more than running a single test.

I don't doubt the veracity of the tester's statement. What I find funny, and more than a bit weird, is that someone would actually get bent out of shape over an AV that misses the signature detection of samples.

It's all very "What's best AV ?", which doesn't do anything for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.