Advice Request Nano-antivirus

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I always notice nano-av scanner on virustotal finding out threats very well, is this product relevant today?

I cant find download page anywhere and their latest news are from last year

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It is a very good AV in my opinion, quite nice GUI too. Has a great free version, also have a reasonable priced paid version. I would recommend it to people.
1540102218938.png

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
@Andrew999 Tried the free version like you. Apart from the 500mb download (should not be a problem if you have good connection), i find it to be very stable and works without flaws. Fast and responsive GUI, with quite a good deal of settings for those who would like to tweak a few stuffs. Light on the system. Tried a few infected links and it blocked every single one of them. It's a nice product, ideal for a combo with products such as Voodooshield, ReHips or HMPA. I don't think it has some stellar zero-day protection despite that it uses Cloud tech and Heuristics, at least not in Emsisoft's, Kaspersky or F-secure category for example, but with a bit more maturity it should be just fine.

It would be nice that some of our fellow testers on MT brutalise NanoAntivirus a bit in the Malwarehub. ;)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I'm have been using this AV for about a week now on all of our systems at our house, and I'm very happy with it. I think I will be using it for the long term. It seems lite on the system too.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It's seems to be a really solid option although it's not known, it lacks advertising. Someone tested it in Wilder's Forum and stayed on top on all free options.I also hope someone to test it on hub!
I wish someone like The PC Security Channel or someone big would do a video on it, to get it more attention, because I really feel like it deserves to get some light shed on it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
+1 for malware hub testing.
On the other forum, some say it's amazing, some say it's meh.
One thing I noticed is if you enable Windows Defender periodic scanning, this makes Windows think that Nano active protection is turned off, and you get bombarded by warning messages. It's not supposed to be that way. This could be an issue with integration in Windows Security Center in win10 1809. But as long as I don't try to enable WD periodic scanning, Nano is detected by Windows as the active AV.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
One thing I noticed is if you enable Windows Defender periodic scanning, this makes Windows think that Nano active protection is turned off, and you get bombarded by warning messages. It's not supposed to be that way. This could be an issue with integration in Windows Security Center in win10 1809. But as long as I don't try to enable WD periodic scanning, Nano is detected by Windows as the active AV.
How long ago was this, now even have you checked? I'm saying this because in the last Nano Av update there was improvements to this. :)
1540801143868.png

This was done on 27 September.
Просмотр темы - Revision history for version 1.0 • NANO Antivirus > Forum •

Kind regards, Andrew

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.