Nation Zoom / It is still there

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
I have discovered a serious problem with Google Chrome. As you know I had a problem with "Nationzoom" on my computer. It is all gone now.
Resently I installed Google Chrome on another computer and after I locked in, my personal settings showed up.
Surprice, so did "Nationzoom".
That means that first you have "Nationzoom" on you computer, it will spread to other computers via Google Chromes servers.
My second computer has only the most needed programs. So I can`t have downloaded "Nationzoom" to my second computer. It had to come from Google`s servers, Personal settings.

I have notified Google in Denmark.

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Yes, I did Synchronize my Google Chrome Bookmarks with your Google Account.
I got rid of Nationzoom in the same way as I did before on my other computer.

It is Google that have a problem with security.

of cause I might get Nationzoom, again and again until Google solves the problem.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Delete the Nationzoom from Google Chrome bookmarks... Search inside the Bookmarks and delete it.

Check it here.
www.google.com/bookmarks/‎

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
Bookmarks was clean on the computer.
Her is a question : Does virus and malware work on a 64 bit computer or is there less virus and malware if you run 64 bit windows ?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Nowadays malware is equally capable to run under 64-bit machines like under 32-bit machines. This rule was once considered, but not anymore...

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
I have just installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my computer. All traces of Nationzoom was removed on the two computers I have.
When I installed Google Chrome on my new win 7 64-bit, Nationzoom showed up in the usual way. I removed it once again. It confirms that Nationzoom in some way stays at the Google server even after I have removed all traces, including bookmarks.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's make another check:

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    createsrpoint; 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
I can do what you ask, but I did a clean install, format drive c and so on. There is no way that Nationzoom could still be on the computer. It had to come from the Google server

Niels B

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2014
You are welcome. I have tryed to contact Google, but no reply. Can you inform Google at your end ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.