NCLR´s P2P-rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
RE: NCLR need recommendation on improvements.

Well that is OK. Some IP addresses are reserved for LAN-s (Local Area Network) = 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255, 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 And they can't be used on the Internet. That address is only valid inside the LAN. On the internet you have a different ip address assigned by your IPS. Sites like "what's my ip" can only check Internet IP addresses.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
RE: NCLR need recommendation on improvements.

Checked them all in config. They are what i/you thought, nothing but lan IP´s from my other comps. So atm all is green and functioning for the time being.
Thx for help and advice.

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
What else is there to use more than whats in the new setup?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
nclr11111 said:

Since you are using CIS then its fine for that, but if you want to extend then add like EAM and configure well for better stability to each other.

Link guide

nclr11111

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
jamescv7 said:
nclr11111 said:

Since you are using CIS then its fine for that, but if you want to extend then add like EAM and configure well for better stability to each other.

Link guide

Well, have been looking at EAM since they seem to have quite good detections on their AV, but since it´s not free.........well, maybe in the future or when i find a giveaway!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may additional on demand scanner for scanning purpose: Hitman Pro or Zemana AntiMalware

Then consider backup, as long you have USB/External HDD + Cloud Backup + System image maker (Windows built in or Third party program like Macrium Reflect or AOIMEI Backupper or others) which better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.