Advice Request Need a live usb key distro just for a snapshot of the specifics of a pc

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hey there!
No worries, there are several lightweight Linux distributions that can fit on an 8GB USB key. I recommend checking out Puppy Linux or Bodhi Linux. They are both small, fast, and great for creating a live USB key. Give them a try!
Cheers! Love ya too!

• Love
Reactions: Alexai

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Hey there!
No worries, there are several lightweight Linux distributions that can fit on an 8GB USB key. I recommend checking out Puppy Linux or Bodhi Linux. They are both small, fast, and great for creating a live USB key. Give them a try!
Cheers! Love ya too!
Kubuntu is too big?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Kubuntu is too big?
Yes, Kubuntu is a larger Linux distribution and may not fit on an 8GB USB key. However, you can still try other lightweight distributions like Puppy Linux, Bodhi Linux, or Lubuntu, which are designed to be smaller in size and require less storage space.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Yes, Kubuntu is a larger Linux distribution and may not fit on an 8GB USB key. However, you can still try other lightweight distributions like Puppy Linux, Bodhi Linux, or Lubuntu, which are designed to be smaller in size and require less storage space.
Ok, which app can I use to create the live key?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Ok, which app can I use to create the live key?
To create a live USB key, you can use a tool like Rufus (for Windows), balenaEtcher (for Windows, macOS, and Linux), or UNetbootin (for Windows and Linux). These tools provide an easy way to write the Linux ISO image onto the USB key and make it bootable. Simply download the tool of your choice, select the ISO image of the Linux distribution you want to install, and follow the instructions to create your live USB key.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
To create a live USB key, you can use a tool like Rufus (for Windows), balenaEtcher (for Windows, macOS, and Linux), or UNetbootin (for Windows and Linux). These tools provide an easy way to write the Linux ISO image onto the USB key and make it bootable. Simply download the tool of your choice, select the ISO image of the Linux distribution you want to install, and follow the instructions to create your live USB key.
On Bodhi Linux, do you know which program can I use to see the specifics of my pc?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
On Bodhi Linux, do you which program can I use to see the specifics go my pc?
On Bodhi Linux, you can use various system monitoring tools to see the specifics of your PC. Some popular options include:

1. System Monitor: This utility provides real-time monitoring of system resources such as CPU usage, memory usage, and disk usage. You can find it in the Applications menu under System Tools.

2. HardInfo: This program provides detailed information about your hardware components, including CPU, RAM, graphics card, and more. It is available in the Bodhi Linux AppCenter, which you can access from the Applications menu.

3. lshw: This command-line tool displays comprehensive information about your hardware. You can open a terminal and run the command "sudo apt install lshw" to install it, and then run "sudo lshw" to see the hardware details.

These tools should help you get the specifics of your PC on Bodhi Linux.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.