Solved Need Help: MS Office program shut down while i try to save file

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeff

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2011
Hello,

I am facing a strange problem with my MS Office program. Problem is whenever i try to save file it stop working and shut down abnormally. The problem is not only with MS- Word infact same error occur with Ms-Excel, Power Point, access even with Word Pad.

but Note Pad is working fine. I search online about this problem find some solution on MS tech support page but nothing work . I did few things like removing add one from office program, uninstalling fonts etc but nothing solve my problem. Even i uninstall whole package reinstall it but problem exist.

I really frustrated . I don't want to format my OS. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

My system config

Window 7 Home Premium, intel i5 64 bit
Ms Office Professional plus 2010.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can try the manual methods or run Fix It.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Also, you may be able recover lost documents:
https://blogs.msdn.com/b/mssmallbiz/archive/2012/04/20/how-to-recover-that-un-saved-microsoft-office-excel-word-or-powerpoint-file-you-closed-before-saving.aspx

Upvote 0

zeff

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2011
Earth said:
You can try the manual methods or run Fix It.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Also, you may be able recover lost documents:
https://blogs.msdn.com/b/mssmallbiz/archive/2012/04/20/how-to-recover-that-un-saved-microsoft-office-excel-word-or-powerpoint-file-you-closed-before-saving.aspx

I did all the steps as mention in article. but not able to solve the problem

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Check for Office updates, if you recently install new updates then uninstall them and see if the problem still exists.

If the problem just recently appeared try running System Restore to a previous point where office worked correctly.

Try completely uninstalling Office with IObit Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller making to to delete all files and registry keys, reboot and then reinstall and apply Office updates.

Try a different office suite like Kingsoft, LibreOffice, etc. and see if the program still exists.

Your system could have corrupted file extensions or registry values. If you can save the files with these other office suites.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

zeff

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 18, 2011
@ Littlebits

Its have new update but i didn't install yet . It was working well few months ago. But suddenly this issue appear. I uninstalled it with Iobit unistaller. remove all remaining entries. even i manually search all the possible place of left over item and deleted it . did fresh installation. But problem exist.
I have Kingsoft office suit 2010 installed, Its working fine No problem at all. But with office suit every thing is fine when try to save it hang, error massage appear that "MS Office stop working" and shut down .
I noticed this problem first time 3-4 week ago. when i was preparing a document in Wordpad after completion when i click on save button program disappear , i was wonder what happening. so again open Word pad , click on save command. same again program shut down .
So i opened ms word find the same problem here and later discover that whole office professional plus suit programs have same problem.
I have no idea on what exact date this problem appeared. what's activity of mine bring this problem.
i can't go back to any specific restore point because i have only 2 restore point which i have created 2 weeks ago.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Install all of the new Office Updates, you may have to setup Windows Updates to install updates for all Microsoft products.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\Change settings

Select: Give me updates for other Microsoft products. Then run a manual scan for updates and install all that apply.

Reboot your system after all are installed and see if the problem still exists.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could be a conflict with another software.

I recommend you try a Clean Boot then use Word or Excel. Instructions for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 ). It may be useful to fill in your Security Config or on your Profile.

Report back with your findings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.