Solved Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
My Videos stuck momentarily when the hard drive works (i.e the LED lights indicating you are reading / writing),
This problem is on every video player like VLC, WMP, KMPlayer, BSPlayer etc
This problem is even on Flash videos :(
I tried installing fresh Windows several times but it didn't solve my problem. I also tried changing my hard drive cables but it didn't work out and I also have new power and data cables on my system :(
Hard Disk Sentinel shows 100% health and more than 1000 days of lifetime.

Crystal Disk Mark score

Capture.png

Windows I've tried so far:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64bit, Windows 8 Pro 32/64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit

My computer specifications:
AMD Phenom 9600B Quad Core CPU
4GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9500GT
500GB Seagate HDD

I am so sick of this problem! :(

Currently I am running Windows 8 Pro 32bit :)

Edit: I have latest stable video drivers installed on my system.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
RE: Need Help!

Edit: Just updated my HDD firmware to CC49 which was CC38 but still the same problem :(

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

This sounds more like a faulty video card than a hard disk issue.

Check your video card vendors site for updates, if none are available or it still doesn't solve the issue try buying a new video card.

Is your video card integrated into your motherboard or are you using PCIe, PCI or AGP?

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

Littlebits said:
This sounds more like a faulty video card than a hard disk issue.

Check your video card vendors site for updates, if none are available or it still doesn't solve the issue try buying a new video card.

Is your video card integrated into your motherboard or are you using PCIe, PCI or AGP?

Yeah i also thought that so i removed my Video Card and tried playing video on my built-in video card(AMD HD 3100) but it didn't worked :(

I am using PCIe :)

Thanks for taking your time ;)

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Faulty RAM can cause this problem if just one single sector is bad.

I recommend testing your RAM with Memtest86.

Make a bootable CD or DVD, set your BIOS to boot from CD drive and remove one RAM stick with your PC turned off only test one at a time. After you test one stick then turn off your PC remove the stick you tested and test the other stick. I bet at least one stick is bad.

Good luck. :D

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

Littlebits said:

Make a bootable CD or DVD, set your BIOS to boot from CD drive and remove one RAM stick with your PC turned off only test one at a time. After you test one stick then turn off your PC remove the stick you tested and test the other stick. I bet at least one stick is bad.

Ok i'll try and will tell you what happened :)

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

Littlebits said:

I tried by making Bootable CD and USB of memtest86 but it didn't boot on start-up :(
So i decided to remove my 1 RAM but the problem was same and then i removed another and installed previous one(which was removed earlier) but the problem is same :(
Sorry for my Bad English :D

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Imran said:
Littlebits said:

I tried by making Bootable CD and USB of memtest86 but it didn't boot on start-up :(
So i decided to remove my 1 RAM but the problem was same and then i removed another and installed previous one(which was removed earlier) but the problem is same :(
Sorry for my Bad English :D

You will have to set your BIOS to boot from your CD or USB.

Boot priority order for example: 1.USB 2.CD/DVD ROM 3.Hard disk

Bad sectors in your RAM doesn't mean it will not function, but it will have problems caching page file and rendering video display.

The only way you will know is to test it to rule it out as the cause.

Have you used any system maintenance tools or manual tweaking that might have change your default system settings for performance options?

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

Littlebits said:
You will have to set your BIOS to boot from your CD or USB.

Boot priority order for example: 1.USB 2.CD/DVD ROM 3.Hard disk

Bad sectors in your RAM doesn't mean it will not function, but it will have problems caching page file and rendering video display.

The only way you will know is to test it to rule it out as the cause.

Have you used any system maintenance tools or manual tweaking that might have change your default system settings for performance options?

Yeah, i know how to boot from CD or USB :p
I mostly install Windows from USB :)
No i didn't ran any tweaking programs on my system before :(

Any other alternative tool like memtest86?

And thanks for your time again :D

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

Try Memtest86+

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key- http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip

Hope that works.

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

To watch your video files smoothly, to play YouTube videos without CPU jam ups:

- change your browser (to ex. SlimBoat ..)

- tweak, set process Priority to 'Above Normal' (or better: High, or Real Time - this ones if you have dual Core CPU) - in your Windows Task Manager (Process Hacker ..)
So for Windows Media Player, change the Priority for wmplayer.exe process.

Upvote 0

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012

try Seatools too,as your HD is from Seagate.
There are two version 1.)Dos 2.)Window
Read their manual & choose what is better for you.I prefer Dos.
http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Upvote 0

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

Littlebits said:
Try Memtest86+

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key- http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip

Hope that works.

Enjoy!! :D

Stuck on "Attempting boot from USB"
My BIOS are up to date and i mostly install Linux based Operating Systems from USB on this PC :(

Prorootect said:
To watch your video files smoothly, to play YouTube videos without CPU jam ups:

- change your browser (to ex. SlimBoat ..)

- tweak, set process Priority to 'Above Normal' (or better: High, or Real Time - this ones if you have dual Core CPU) - in your Windows Task Manager (Process Hacker ..)
So for Windows Media Player, change the Priority for wmplayer.exe process.

But i have to set priority every time when i run any program like VLC right!
That's kind of annoying :-/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.