Troubleshoot Need recommendations regarding mouse

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
After serving me faithfully for 5 years, my Logitech B100 mouse has started acting up. So I am looking for a good, durable and simple mouse. I am not a gamer and I just want a mouse that is big in size, comfortable to hold, has left, right and scroll button and cheap. I was looking at HP X1500, and Logitech B100(again). I don't want wireless, and small mice are a strict no no, what are your suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I agree. I don't know who makes the mice for Microsoft, but I have 3 Wireless Comfort 5000 mice and they all work great.

You said you don't want wireless. FTR, I really like wireless. No cables to pull the mouse pointer across the page, no cable to get hung up on anything (including my feet). Of course the downside is batteries, but I found a wireless mouse is the perfect place to use rechargeable batteries.

That said, mice and keyboards are extensions of our own hands. What "feels" great in my hand may feel awkward or even painful in yours. I'm right handed but use my mouse in my left hand. I cannot stand "contoured" mice (since almost all are made for the right hand). You may like them.

All we can really do is give our opinions about build quality, tracking, and durability. But you really need to visit local computer stores and play "touchy-feely" with the mice for yourself to determine what "feels" right in YOUR hands.

Upvote 0

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
In my desktop, I use a Microsoft one that is working like a charm so I recommend MS's mouses.
On the other hand, in my macbook, I had another MS mouse (with cable too), and as recently I had to move a lot my laptop, I bought a wireless mouse, of Xiaomi, and I have to say, it's one of the best mouses I've ever had: it's not too big but not too small, very ergonomic (I have quite a big hand), and it's quality and materials are incredible, and it works perfectly. And most of all: it's price, around 12-15$. Althought you requested no wireless, the xiaomi is the best mouse I can recommend you today.

Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Gamers normaly always goes with wired mouse and keyboards as one can't take the risk getting disconnected for battery issues etc. Especially if you play with a clan and compete.

Personal if I didn't game I would look at something similar like Logitecs M500.

M500 Corded Mouse - Logitech

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Gamers normaly always goes with wired mouse and keyboards as one can't take the risk getting disconnected for battery issues etc. Especially if you play with a clan and compete.

Personal if I didn't game I would look at something similar like Logitecs M500.

M500 Corded Mouse - Logitech
I don't game so I don't need a gaming mouse, I am pretty proficient with keyboard shortcuts, but I prefer my tools to be durable and simple, that's why I prefer the corded ones.

Reactions: frogboy and upnorth
Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I highly recommend using a Delux Vertical Mouse. Once you get used to using a vertical mouse, they feel a lot more natural to use than a traditional mouse.

The build quality isn't great, but in terms of usability they are great and they are cheap. They come in both wired and wireless variants.

Upvote 0

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
1) Logitech
2) Zowie
3) Razer but take care most mouse are just typcial marketing crap i bought 2 mouse for me and bro and i send 1 mouse 3 time on warranty now after 4th time mouse work fine till this time.(some factory need solid audit before start again product next models :p )
4) Corsair or StealSeries

Wired mouse for sure casue less input lag and best smooth cursor control.
Best mouse pad do razer for me.

Keyboard: membrane sidewinder x6 :D
Mechanic Qpad or Corsair

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
I highly recommend using a Delux Vertical Mouse. Once you get used to using a vertical mouse, they feel a lot more natural to use than a traditional mouse.

The build quality isn't great, but in terms of usability they are great and they are cheap. They come in both wired and wireless variants.
Well that is something new, I have to see if I can find them in my nearby store.

My Logitech mouse has survived my kids bashing them at walls and on the floor for two years with no problems...
I agree, they are quite a beast in terms of longevity.

Upvote 0

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
1) Logitech
2) Zowie
3) Razer but take care most mouse are just typcial marketing crap i bought 2 mouse for me and bro and i send 1 mouse 3 time on warranty now after 4th time mouse work fine till this time.(some factory need solid audit before start again product next models :p )
4) Corsair or StealSeries

Wired mouse for sure casue less input lag and best smooth cursor control.
Best mouse pad do razer for me.

Keyboard: membrane sidewinder x6 :D
Mechanic Qpad or Corsair
Razer etc aren't for me, they are targeted more towards the gamers, I won't be able to utilize them.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Logitech, Zowie, Steelseries (their newest sensor is superb, in Rival 600,310)
avoid: Razer, Steelseries(non latest new sensor), Roccat

Reactions: Electr0n
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.